mitsubishi shogun noise

its ok sandy, im not that bad but i understood what martin meant, ive got access to a ramp etc but not until next week when my uncles back.

Wheel Bearing. there is an inner and outer "race" and as itsis a 4x4 spining the whell is not an option. Think they come as a hub

Hope helpful

No no no put it on blocks shudder at the thought !!!! way dangerous. if you cant get acces to a ramp then use proper axle stands seen to many amatuers going under cars while the are propped up on concrete/wooden blocks and almost coming croppers
I assumed the reader would have a brain and understand my meaning.
I DO NOT MEAN PUT VEHICLE ON BLOCKS AND GET UNDER THE VEHICLE.
I DID MEAN - LIFT THE VEHICLE HOWEVER YOU SAFELY CAN DO IT AND ONLY SIT IN THE DRIVERS SEAT WHILE DOING THIS TEST:
Martin

Hardy Spicer will give a clunk not a drone. this is a rotating noise and 99% sure will be a wheel bearing, common on shoguns in the mud and muck

I assumed the reader would have a brain and understand my meaning.
I DO NOT MEAN PUT VEHICLE ON BLOCKS AND GET UNDER THE VEHICLE.
I DID MEAN - LIFT THE VEHICLE HOWEVER YOU SAFELY CAN DO IT AND ONLY SIT IN THE DRIVERS SEAT WHILE DOING THIS TEST:
Martin[/QUOTE
no offence meant martin its just i have seen to many near misses with folk putting cars up on all sorts of weird and wonderfull contraptions .

just to let you know everything was fine on the truck, only thing causing the noise in the end was the hankook mts. simple as that, tyres changed onto the spare set of wheels and everything is nice and as quiet as it can be for an old bus.

we have a 53 plate swb shogun which makes a rather load and annoying droning noise when going upwards of say 15/20 mph and is there constantly until back under that speed. the noise is almost identical to a wheel bearing noise(i dont think this is the problem) but much louder. the shogun is a commercial with nothing in the back and is running on mud terrains so i accept it will be somewhat noiser than normal but do any of you think there could be anything more sinsiter to the excesive noise?
As said mate propshaft ujs could be at fault, also might be worth giving the diffs especially the rear one a shot of slick 50 ect and see if it quietens down at all if it does then you know what the problem is.

everything is nice and quiet now, just the centre diff light to sort when chance comes up. still cant get over those tyres being that noisy though

everything is nice and quiet now, just the centre diff light to sort when chance comes up. still cant get over those tyres being that noisy though

if it was a land rover you would not hear the noise so it does not matter ha ha

Back