Farmer and wife facing no charges for shooting

Its time the law in the country see sence +1 to the CPS for the part in clearing them of any charge,s
:D DJC

I'm well chuffed for all concerned and it's nice to see the law on the side of the victims for a change......

"The law is clear that anyone who acts in good faith, using reasonable force, doing what they honestly feel is necessary to protect themselves, their families or their property, will not be prosecuted for such action.

Justice prevails :british:

Good result for our side and by that i mean the decent and law abiding.
Let`s hope they get to keep the Shotgun ticket too.

Yorkie.

And an interesting dilemma for those who oppose shooting? Support the use of reasonable force, or support the intruders?

It seems at least in this case the CPS was on the ball and made the right decision in short order. I expected this to drag on for months.

Hope the guy has had his shotgun returned. Looked like a nice OU. :cool:

That is good news, I wonder how serious the burglar's injuries were, I suspect light, and wether things would be different had they been more severe. It would also be interesting to know wether the farmer took his gun out of the cabinet when he heard the intruders or weather he was " cleaning it at the time".

Restores your faith in the justice system.

All posts referring to shooting people removed. Come on guys, this is why we removed the original thread. The media will be trawling sites like ours looking for shooters' response... think about it.

That aside, it's nice to see a just decision.

....what a welcome outcome:D. At least the matter was brought to a swift conclusion for the couple and not months of stress. It is reassuring to know that common sense prevailed and that the rights of the victims come before those of the criminals.

Back