Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weed killer advice

Weed killer advice

1stly apology's if thi is in the wrong section

Now .... My drive way is of gravel or "chuckles" as we call em
    and I'm fed up pulling bloody weeds oot.

I have used round up before but nearly keeled over at the price for a couple o litres & it would hardly cover area of the drive

Any recommendations for summit that works & good value

I can't use some super super **** that would be harmful to pets as bloody housing estate full I cats

Cheers
    paul

Round is your best bet. Go to a farmers supplies and buys the concentrated glyphosate weed killer which you will have to mix and spray with a pressure sprayer. It is about 10.00 a litre and it will do a good size area. Do not buy the mix up weed killer from DIY stores as it is expensive.

ask a friendly farmer for a small amount of glyphosphate swap for some venison maybe ,my 15 litre knapsack uses only 100ml to 15litres of water so not much .before i get shot to bits i do have a spray ticket for my knapsac and a propelled sprayer
    regards norma

2nd that, you can also buy online........

Thank you guys
    Knew I would get advice here :-)
    Paul

We brought 5 litres from the hardware store in town for treating the docks etc and Ragwort and mix it for use in a pump sprayer. As it's not for commercial use it seems this is allowed. Damned expensive though but we have managed to kill off one bed of Docks which covered about 1/4 acre in one place. Now it's on to the next bit.

a farmer mate got me a gallon of gallup he said its like round up but alot cheaper

Get some neat Roundup from a friendly farmer....a litre will cost less than 15 ( 6 if you get on well with the farmer) and it will do your drive dozens of times when diluted and applied at the correct rate. Mix it in a small sprayer bottle and spot treat emerging weeds. Non-residual so not a problem.

If you are stuck, and dont mind a run over to Glenshee, I can let you have some.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfox View Post
    Round is your best bet. Go to a farmers supplies and buys the concentrated glyphosate weed killer which you will have to mix and spray with a pressure sprayer. It is about 10.00 a litre and it will do a good size area. Do not buy the mix up weed killer from DIY stores as it is expensive.
    Adding to this
    there are lots of Glyphosate based products including likes such as Clinic or Clinic ace, clipper and so on
    all will work but just need to check what % glyphosate they contain
    Around 41 % is good ,
    any less means more chemical need per litre of water which can range from 100ml to 10 litres upwards
    Round up bi-active is probably top end
    but also you may want to also buy a pre-emergent to add to the Glyphosate based chemical choice of purchase, which helps stops seeds germinating and will make your weed control longer lasting