Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a night vision scope

Recommend me a night vision scope

Some thing to go on a 22lr not hugely expensive , just something for knocking the bunnys over at 100 yards or so

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    Some thing to go on a 22lr not hugely expensive , just something for knocking the bunnys over at 100 yards or so
    The Nitesite's offer very good value for money and the NS200 will easily let you use centrefire's out to 180ish yards. But the best thing about these products is no need for re-zeroing as it just tacs on to your current scope and makes it easier to swap between rifles

http://www.nitesite.co.uk/products.html

Archer add on. 1650. Gen 3.
    Horses for courses. I headshoot bunnies at 100 with it on a leup 4.5-14x50.
    So depends what you want to spend.
    But that is two different products. Or you can make your own. Depends on time/money and all the other things that affect our lives!!!.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Oooofty. That's expensive

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Or you can make your own. Depends on time/money and all the other things that affect our lives!!!.
    tell me more about this!
    I have more of one than the other and have seen several tubes, housings etc for sale over the last few weeks, some new some s/h

Can't fathom spending a grand plus on night vision to shoot bloody rabbits.

Ye are all mad!
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

You don't just shoot rabbits. But it is an awful lot of fun and completely different way of hunting. It can get a bit geeky as you get carried away with the kit. Of course I think paying 350 a day to walk up and down Scottish hills hoping you will a big stag never mind shoot it is nuts.
    i am going on my first paid stalk this year and if I dont shoot half a dozen pickets I will be raising my eyebrows in disgust... (hope your listening Malc )

I, as previously mentioned, have 90 acres to shoot over, that's it, not much deer on there. So I predominantly shoot rabbits followed by foxes then the occasional deer. If it was the other way then I would spend my money on a big walk in chiller etc etc rather than the large fridge I have. It is making the most of the land you have. It also shows how important things are such as knowing your land for safety and backstops etc. you can see so much less.

If you are seriously into pest control then it is the way to go. Specially if you have lampshy rabbits foxes or even rats. Now ratting with nv. That's another thing. If you have never tried it, give it a go.

Oops Going off topic.
    night vision is a whole forum in itself. Hence http://www.nightvisionforumuk.co.uk or is it .com. Can't remember. Anyway load of info there, go have a look. Saves me typing.

And I am looking at organising another nv meet near Newbury on 17nov. People get to see all the kit from gen 1 to gen 3 and digital and hopefully thermal equipment this year as a few of the blokes have bought those. Oh and if you think 1000 for nv is bad, look at the price of thermal. That'll make you fall over.

And lastly, I am not a dealer but I have offered on here before that is anybody is localish and want to see nv Working or are thinking about getting into it then i am happy to show them my kit.

The normal response of someone who has never looked through a gen 3 is "F@@@ me".
    Oh, and don't look through one unless you can afford it. It is a bug that bites, mad as it may be.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    night vision is a whole forum in itself. Hence http://www.nightvisionforumuk.co.uk or is it .com. Can't remember. Anyway load of info there, go have a look. Saves me typing.

already registered!
    bit slow in verifying my account

am interested in the make your own bit!
    tried to use a spotter and fabricate an add on but couldnt get the focus and conflict with the scope sorted

Any advice where to get the Gen 3 add on stuff? How does the Archer compare to the PVS-14? I've tried to get hold of a decent autogated PVS-14, but I've not had much luck. I've also discovered that there's a fair bit of junk out there being sold for way more than it should be.

can't comment on the PVS but the archer does for me foxes to 200 and rabbits to a decent range as well, its one of those things night vision you need to look through a few to make a decision. The add ons work for me as they swap between my .223 and HMR no re zeroing no being restricted to low mag as with some of the dedicated stuff.