Thread: Docter Unipoint scopes advice

Question Docter Unipoint scopes advice

Anyone familiar with the Docter Unipoint scopes? Looking at a 2.5-10. They have a rail on the bottom of the scope body can anyone tell me if they can be mounted to normal dovetails.
    Thanks
    simon.

Doctor scopes are very good value for money and most people who have owned or used them speak highly of them. They are of similar quality to Schmidt & Bender but for some reason less popular in this country. Just like Schmidt and most of the other European scope manufacturers they offer a range of scopes that have rails fitted and another range that most of us would consider as conventional i.e. without rails and which fit in standard rings.
    There are several types of scope rail mounting systems available each manufacturer seems to use a different system. In principle rail mounting systems offer some advantages over conventional scope rings but in reality it is generally advised that you would be better off sticking to conventional scope mounting systems especially if you ever decide to move the scope on or move it to another rifle.

By the way what do you consider as "normal" dovetails? I ask because there are more than a few different dovetail mounting systems employed by the various rifle manufacturers.

There is normally a mounting system available for mating nearly every scope to every rifle but at what cost and/or complexity is the question you really need to ask yourself. It might help if you stated the rifle you were intending to fit this scope on.
    Last edited by 8x57; 06-09-2012 at 10:17.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Anshutz 1417 .22LR.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Si

My guess would be that to mount that scope to that rifle would cost you closer to 350 than 300 using suitable scope mounts from one of the few manufacturers that produce a suitable arrangement. Would I be right in guessing that the scope is available at an attractive price? If so it is because of the rail system.

You are correct.
    It currently has weaver rail clamps on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Si-snipe View Post
    You are correct.
    It currently has weaver rail clamps on it now.
    An adapter from Weaver to 11mm dovetail should be possible and fairly cheap also.