Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any other legal quarry

Any other legal quarry

Well it's time for the bianual discussion with the licensing dept regarding quarry conditions.

I wonder if any members here would be willing to let me know if they have had success where I appear to be getting nowhere.

Does anyone on here who falls under Metropolitan Police Licensing have the "any other legal quarry" condition for any centrefire rifle 6mm and over?

If so then I'd very much appreciate it if you could tell me what.

All the best
    Moses
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

Depends if you really need it or are just wanting it I would imagine. If you have a genuine reason for such a condition to be given there shouldn't be any problem with your request. Good luck M

Quote Originally Posted by munty6.5 View Post
    Depends if you really need it or are just wanting it I would imagine. If you have a genuine reason for such a condition to be given there shouldn't be any problem with your request. Good luck M
    My question relates to the fact that they say that they have not adopted this reccommendation from the ACPO regarding the "any other legal quarry" condition.

I have good reason and supporting letters from landowners, farmers, gamekeepers whose estates I shoot on etc etc....

I am specifically asking if anyone here under Met police has this condition on a centrefire rifle of 6mm or over. and if so, would they mind telling me what rifles they have it on.

ATB
    Moses

Derbyshire told me very recently that they will not offer it. They offer individual conditions such as vermin, ground game, fox, deer, boar etc only when permission from the land owner states you have permission to take these. One agreement I have only states vermin, red and roe deer. So I can't use that for fox. However I have other ground with foxes.

Hope that makes sense?

Are you a member of SACs if so speak to them and see if they can sort them out.

D

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...conditions-etc have a look at this thread mate I and others are talking about it at present if I can help let me no....

Edit to add I did not read you post fully I'm under Norfolk probably no help what so ever sorry....
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; 06-09-2012 at 15:37.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Does anyone on here who falls under Metropolitan Police Licensing have the "any other legal quarry" condition for any centrefire rifle 6mm and over?
    Moses, I can't help you specifically with the Met as I haven't lived in that area for some while. However, I'll offer up a small correction of your request - it's 'Any Other Lawful Quarry' - there is a distinction between legal and lawful, and as you are dealing with the police it might be better to quote the correct terminology to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Moses, I can't help you specifically with the Met as I haven't lived in that area for some while. However, I'll offer up a small correction of your request - it's 'Any Other Lawful Quarry' - there is a distinction between legal and lawful, and as you are dealing with the police it might be better to quote the correct terminology to them.
    Yes... Very helpful.

Thank you

I know its not Metropolitan, but i have just had my .375H&H conditioned for 'any other lawful quarry' from Strathclyde, wanted boar on, they said the any other lawful quarry would cover boar.

Moose

Quote Originally Posted by munty6.5 View Post
    Good Heavens! I know we have to show 'good reason' before being granted FAC for whatever rifles we have, but....

that 'good reason' having been shown and the FAC granted, is it not rather up to the FLD to give us 'good reason' in terms of public safety (which is their only justification for such things, really) as to why they are imposing discretionary conditions on us, rather than our responsibility to show them further 'good reason' why such usually pointless and arbitrary restrictions should be lifted?