easyjet charges for sporting firearms per gun/or case?

Paul at Fechan

Just got off the phone with easyjet customers services, they're useless. I wanted to confirm that if I took two guns in one double case that was under the weight limit I would only have to pay one charge for the two guns in one case and not a double charge. They couldn't say for sure.

The last time I went out I had two guns in one case which was fine. Anybody know better ? cheers

p

I did the same about three years ago two guns in one flight case and was not charged any extra by easy jet. They never seem to have the same rules.

They charge per case up to a maximum weight. So be careful if you have a large Peli case for eg with two guns in it, you might go over the weight limit.

Flew with Easy jet to Prague to a comp in CZ with three other guys in May, service was thorough...

You should be charged per case as its one item.

the weight is well under so should be no problem, why can't they just sort out the policy in a little more detail tut

Took 2 last year at no extra cost,they go into oversized baggage, not sure if there is a weight limit...saw wind surfers going in ...

This is interesting, im flying up to Scotland in November with easyjet and im sure my father found on there website that for sporting firearms you could only have one rifle per lockable case. That does throw up another question though: Could you check in 2 persons rifles in 1 case?

sporting goods are £30 per item i think and they are passed through the oversize x ray its per item or case so in 1 case they go.max weight is 15 or 20kg i seem to remember

I've just booked a flight with them today and it is £25 for 'a sporting rifle' and is booked in as one case, there is no mention of weight.
When I travelled with them before no staff from Easy jet looked in the case, it is only opened when customs want to record the serial number.
I have travelled with others that have had more than one rifle inside their case and they have had no problems that I noticed.

I have carried one rifle and one shotgun in one case from Bristol to inverness on 3 trips and never had a problem. They were checked against fac/sgc at Bristol by plod so no probs with two in one case .
hope this helps jab.

Back