Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optilock Mounts & Rings for a Tikka M595?

Question Optilock Mounts & Rings for a Tikka M595?

Dear all,

Yesterday I ordered some mounts and rings for my Tikka M595 and was advised by the gunsmith that the mounts that GMK now supply have to have a pin taken out from them to allow them to fit on the M595/M695.

If this is so I wondered if I am doing the right thing in buying them, are there better alternatives on the market (without being silly and buying new Apels), and if so what are they?

Thanks in advance, Simon

Simon, I have a set of 1" Optilock base and rings that I have just taken off a 595 pm me if they are of any use interst to you. They previously held a 7x50 Meopta on my rifle.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Simon, I have a set of 1" Optilock base and rings that I have just taken off a 595 pm me if they are of any use interst to you. They previously held a 7x50 Meopta on my rifle.
    Very kind offer 8x57, but I have ordered these damned things now and am having a worry. I suppose I could send them back if it is obvious that they will not fit and buy yours.

I have a 6x42 Meopta on my M595, but it seems that the Gunsmith whose collection it came from tried making up some quick release mounts using Optilock rings but with different mounts and unfortunately they leave the scope with little (or no) adjustment to the right. I know the scope is ok, so it must be the mounts.

I will have a look at what they send me and get back to you.

Simon

Where is the best place to purchase from ?, I have inch rings and want 30mm rings in s/s for my 595.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    Where is the best place to purchase from ?, I have inch rings and want 30mm rings in s/s for my 595.
    The last time I wanted Stainless Steel 30mm Optilocks I rang these people; http://www.nsac.co.uk/

They had some in marked at the old price and sold them to me at it, thereby saving me 25.00. They are good folks to deal with and are not often beaten on price on anything to do with Sako or Tikka.

Simon

It's just the recoil stud pin which is press fitted into the rear base on the Sako 75/85, comes out with a bit of encouragement - just make sure you're pushing it the right way as I think the pin is tapered.

The bases will fit fine - pin easy enough to remove as required.

Optilocks are another of those love/hate things. I like them - more so now the crabby hex head fasteners have been replaced with Torx. Not sure if intrinsically any tougher - but I haven't stripped one yet.

Only the bases vary between Sako and Tikka - the rings fit both base types.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

I bought pair of mounts and rings that had come off another Tikka 595, the mounts, with pin, fitted perfectly, thank you 8x57! I think the Gunsmith I consulted must have been confused with Sako mounts being fitted to Tikka rifles. The Tikka mounts fit perfectly.

I had also ordered a pair of medium high rings, and although they were an extra expense they have allowed me to fit a Butler Creek cover on the objective end of the scope that does not foul the rear open sight on the rifle. I am keeping this rifle "as is" and am not going to moderate it. I will keep the rifle as it came out of the factory, with open sights and uprated wood. Who knows, I might get to use it on driven pigs one of these days! I really was lucky to find it.

Simon

burris weaver bases simon. 27. then you can fit what ever weaver rings you like. leupold,warne,burris, tps ? take your pick
    much better then the optilocks imo and cheaper

You've probably found out yourself now but the barrel end of the receiver on the 595 is dovetailed for the pin, which then acts as a recoil stop.

All the best,

Bk