Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats my t3 worth?

whats my t3 worth?

hello, i got bought a tikka t3 in .243, im now looking for a bigger calibre for reds. i may be looking to trade it in but dont want to get ripped off but would also like to know what its worth privately, the gun is in good condition and only has a small mark where the mod went, it comes with a meopta 7x50 scope, sako rings and bases, t8 mod and 100 rounds, if anyone could tell me what i could expect for everything together either privatley or as one i would be great-full.

many thanks
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
    hello, i got bought a tikka t3 in .243, im now looking for a bigger calibre for reds. i may be looking to trade it in but dont want to get ripped off but would also like to know what its worth privately, the gun is in good condition and only has a small mark where the mod went, it comes with a meopta 7x50 scope, sako rings and bases, t8 mod and 100 rounds, if anyone could tell me what i could expect for everything together either privatley or as one i would be great-full.

many thanks
    Tom
    Guntrader will give you a rough idea of what it is worth.

wood/synth/laminate
    stainless or Blued?

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    A general rule of thumb is a maximum of 2/3 rd's the retail market value.

It obviously depends on what your PX'ing against.

TJ
    Last edited by tartinjock; 07-09-2012 at 19:09.
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Unfortunately S/H rifles are like S/H cars their value drops significantly the minute they leave the retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Unfortunately S/H rifles are like S/H cars their value drops significantly the minute they leave the retailers.
    Interesting analogy. The worst thing about buying a second hand car, is you really don't know how it's been looked after, and getting the main components checked (Engine & gearbox) isn't that easy.

The worst thing about buying a new rifle, is you have no idea how it's going to shoot. If you buy a used rifle it's not too difficult so check how it's been looked after, and you can check how it shoots, assuming you're collecting.

Rifles that are proven to shoot well, will always make a premium.

Mark.
    Last edited by Lateral; 07-09-2012 at 10:37.

I bought a relatively new T3 hunter 30-06 wooden stock and a mod in good condition with very few rounds fired through it off this very site a few months ago
    I paid 500 including RFD-RFD
    But I would think you should get a bit more or atleast I would hope

When I sold mine on here complete with scope and mounts I got 600 and it had no moderator screwed or fitted but it was a half-incher with my re-loads and also with the cheap Privi ammo.

HWH.

How quick you can sell it can also depend on caliber and sometimes the region you are in. Advertising on here and the fact that it is a popular caliber should work in your favor although you might have to take a hit on RFD shipping costs.

I used to help a friend out at a RFD'ship. There were some customers that we would never buy anything from, but others who we trusted and looked after there kit we would be happy paying the higher end of trade price for.

I sold my T3 in .243 privately last year it was a stainless laminate model and came with a cmm4 moderator.
    Both were in excellent nick and I got my asking price of 750 for both.