Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schmidt and Bender PMii 3-20 X 50

Schmidt and Bender PMii 3-20 X 50

Has anybody used one? It looks like a very compact cope with plenty of elevation, good magnification range, and relatively light. Also is anyone selling them in the UK? I have looked and made phone calls but no joy so far.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I had 2 of them, the Mildot double turret turn ones. Very good scope, but to be honest, too much scope for stalking. I have since sold them on. 100% trust in the turret for dialing in and back to zero. I'm surprised if The Sprotsmans Gun Centre doesn't have them in stock? http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/...#39;26+Bender/
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

The 3-20 is not listed, it has been released in the USA but doesn't seem to be in the UK, the new scope is very compact, and weighs only 200gram more than the 3-12 klassik illuminated

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian 1 View Post
    Has anybody used one? It looks like a very compact cope with plenty of elevation, good magnification range, and relatively light. Also is anyone selling them in the UK? I have looked and made phone calls but no joy so far.
    I suppose it depends on what you're comparing them with.

The standard Klassik 6x42 is 15.5 ozs. I've only got one of these, but I find this noticeably heavier than all the other U.S. 'scopes fitted to my Tikka's.

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/pr...ssik-6x42.html

The illuminated Klassik 3-12 x 50 is 22.5 ozs.

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/pr...k-3-12x50.html

The model you're seeking is actually 32.5 ozs, or a smidgen over 2lbs.

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/pr...iilpmtclt.html
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian 1 View Post
    The 3-20 is not listed, it has been released in the USA but doesn't seem to be in the UK, the new scope is very compact, and weighs only 200gram more than the 3-12 klassik illuminated
    Aahh,I never read it correctly, I thought it was the 3-12 you were seeking..........
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

No problem mate, the annoying thing is, is that you can buy them from the states today but you then pay customs, I was going to ask a friend to post one across but after a quick bit of research on the web i discovered that unless you have an export permit it will be confiscated regardless of whether it is a gift or not.

I know of only one chap in the uk with said 3-20x50.

Now that York guns no longer are the uk distributers I don't know where you would pick one up. I would suggest you phone Schmidt directly. The staff speak fluent English and arendt helpful.

If it were for myself I would be looking at a march with the x42 objective. A much smaller light weight package. I have read on a us site that the glass in the newer pm11 isn't quite as good as older scopes.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

I suggest you contact Sporting Services in Crawley. They are AI main dealers in UK and when i was there in Feb i have never seen so many S@B PM scopes also some specials which were not currently available in UK. They are very knowlegable and good to deal with. If they can't get hold of one then I doubt anybody else will.

D