Schmidt and Bender PMii 3-20 X 50

Cumbrian 1

Has anybody used one? It looks like a very compact cope with plenty of elevation, good magnification range, and relatively light. Also is anyone selling them in the UK? I have looked and made phone calls but no joy so far.

The 3-20 is not listed, it has been released in the USA but doesn't seem to be in the UK, the new scope is very compact, and weighs only 200gram more than the 3-12 klassik illuminated

Has anybody used one? It looks like a very compact cope with plenty of elevation, good magnification range, and relatively light. Also is anyone selling them in the UK? I have looked and made phone calls but no joy so far.

I suppose it depends on what you're comparing them with.

The standard Klassik 6x42 is 15.5 ozs. I've only got one of these, but I find this noticeably heavier than all the other U.S. 'scopes fitted to my Tikka's.

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/products/hunting/klassik-6x42.html

The illuminated Klassik 3-12 x 50 is 22.5 ozs.

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/products/hunting/klassik-3-12x50.html

The model you're seeking is actually 32.5 ozs, or a smidgen over 2lbs.

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/products/police-and-military-forces/3-20x50-pm-iilpmtclt.html

The 3-20 is not listed, it has been released in the USA but doesn't seem to be in the UK, the new scope is very compact, and weighs only 200gram more than the 3-12 klassik illuminated
Aahh,I never read it correctly, I thought it was the 3-12 you were seeking..........

No problem mate, the annoying thing is, is that you can buy them from the states today but you then pay customs, I was going to ask a friend to post one across but after a quick bit of research on the web i discovered that unless you have an export permit it will be confiscated regardless of whether it is a gift or not.

I know of only one chap in the uk with said 3-20x50.

Now that York guns no longer are the uk distributers I don't know where you would pick one up. I would suggest you phone Schmidt directly. The staff speak fluent English and arendt helpful.

If it were for myself I would be looking at a march with the x42 objective. A much smaller light weight package. I have read on a us site that the glass in the newer pm11 isn't quite as good as older scopes.

I suggest you contact Sporting Services in Crawley. They are AI main dealers in UK and when i was there in Feb i have never seen so many S@B PM scopes also some specials which were not currently available in UK. They are very knowlegable and good to deal with. If they can't get hold of one then I doubt anybody else will.

D

Bought one Saturday, been after a PM 11 for a long time. S&B are concentrating on their militry contract with the US so near impossible to get one, i saw the one advertised on guntrader, they have two, took them along time to get them and i bought one of them:D:D:D

Let me know how you get on with the new turrets, I looked at the scope on Guntrader a couple of days ago, but I want the p4fine cross hair. The rugby gunshop told me lead times for orders were 2-3 months, so it is not the end of the world.

I like the old style turrets but there has been mixed reviews about the new ones.

Cumbrian 1 The Rugby gun shop sent the scope to Northampton gun which is local to me as this is also one of their shops. The guy at Northampton told me it took them just over a year to get these scopes. Schmidt & Bender have the contract to supply the US militry and are putting all their efforts into that. Many dealers have said it will take a very long time to be able to get PM 11,s so would be very interested if The Rugby Gunshop could actually get one in 2-3 months.

Just oredered one :D, 2-3 months though it may be here much quicker. Also from the Gunshop Rugby, they deal direct with S & B in Germany which has to be better than going through an approved importer

Cumbrian 1 did you order the 3-20x50 and what reticle ? you will love that scope. :D bet you cant wait to get it :D

Back