Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Sako Optilocks

  1. #1

    Sako Optilocks

    I recently bought my first Sako and yesterday fitted my scope to it.

    I am seriously impressed with the optilock's - especially the correct-sized placky collar that protects the scope from ring marks or scratches.

    Why haven't other mount manufacturers adopted this idea?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

    "HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).



  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    I recently bought my first Sako and yesterday fitted my scope to it.

    I am seriously impressed with the optilock's - especially the correct-sized placky collar that protects the scope from ring marks or scratches.

    Why haven't other mount manufacturers adopted this idea?

    +1
    i have rings and bases on both my T3's

    The only thing I would do is put a small drop of 'light' Loctite on the screw that holds the base to the ring, they do come loose. After I did this they have been on there for 3yrs now and haven't moved.

    Jonathon

  3. #3
    Have to say the rear base came loose after a few shots, on my 6.5 X 55 strip down loctite to the bottom of the screw thread, so far so good.

    Not sure they should be the price they are, still good gear though.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    Why haven't other mount manufacturers adopted this idea?
    Some have Burris for starts, there's also come in off set sizes to allow for added elevation. Optilocks are my mount of choice for Sakos/Tikkas.

    ATB

    Tahr

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Not sure they should be the price they are, still good gear though.
    I agree. There is nothing special about them.

    Beware some of the screws seem to be made of cheese. I've had to drill them out before now.

    Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I agree. There is nothing special about them.

    Beware some of the screws seem to be made of cheese. I've had to drill them out before now.
    fully agree 2 of the heads have rung on mine, was it a big job drilling them out and did it damage the mounts. thanks

  7. #7
    Amazing rings - use them on my T3.

    Rock sturdy!

  8. #8
    Quite agree, I think Optilocks are great - you see so many good scopes with horrid ring marks on the tube that seriously detracts from their value. I also use Burris Signature rings and the different size plastic ring inserts supplied are great for centering a scope if necessary - personally I would now never use anything else other than Optilocks or Burris.

  9. #9
    although why someone hasnt cottoned on to the idea of receiver specific dovetail bases I do not know.

    some of the designs of the bases (as opposed to rings) are beyond reason IMO

    I just had to resort to some Millet "claw" style rings which are shocking

  10. #10

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Have to say the rear base came loose after a few shots, on my 6.5 X 55 strip down loctite to the bottom of the screw thread, so far so good.

    Not sure they should be the price they are, still good gear though.
    You could try the Sako Optilock 'Ring mount' design which are one piece, thus doing away with the alignment screw issue between the two piece ring and base design. They are also lighter, and are low enough to mount 50+mm scopes as low as possible to give good cheek weld to the stock.
    They're cheaper too!

    http://www.sako.fi/optilockproducts.php?ringmounts

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* Sako Optilocks 30mm low
    By news of the world in forum Optics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19-09-2012, 18:35
  2. *SOLD* Sako Optilocks Rings
    By news of the world in forum Optics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-08-2012, 19:56
  3. For Sale Sako Optilocks with 25mm Rings.(.Stainless)
    By ytene in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 11:49
  4. For Sale Sako optilocks
    By steveford1 in forum Optics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 19:16
  5. For Sale SAKO OPTILOCKS 34mm WEAVER
    By FlyBoy270 in forum Optics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-02-2011, 15:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •