Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lightforce suction bases for the roof bars ??

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

lightforce suction bases for the roof bars ??

can any the traders on here help.

i have 2 complete roof bars like this.Attachment 18993

that i will be moving on when i have the new parts needed, the suction cups have gone inside, so they don't hold for long and need replacing but i can't find them on any UK based sites apart from ruag, but they will only sell to the trade and will defo not tell me how much.

can anyone help with a cost of these.

thanks

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I too need one of these suction cups
    Let me know if you hear anything?
    Cheers,
    Chris

What about the wickes type double or screw fix modify them surely a double glass carry handle wood be stronger too !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    What about the wickes type double or screw fix modify them surely a double glass carry handle wood be stronger too !
    not quite as easy as you think to fit to the roof bar. the plastic floor / glass ones have the suction locking mechanism in the wrong place and thats what makes them hard to fit, i was thinking of a old CB/ham radio magnetic mount but what if you have a alloy roof or in fact you use the front windscreen on the veh etc etc.

i have sent an email to LF Australia but as yet no joy,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

to be honest it may be easier and cheaper to change tjhe whole bar

try adding a little washing up liquid to the water you need to wet both surfaces to help them stick better
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Have you thought about using magnets instead Bob?

These were recommended on the roof mounted Nv spotting systems threads on UKV and airgunbbs last year for holding Bosch UFLEDS in place.

Either taxi roof sign mounts which are rubber coated or stronger ... just don't get your fingers in the way! Piece of strong polythene underneath helps you get them off!

Got mine from here
    Buy Clamping Magnets Online

Of course, I just had to buy a couple of the stronger ones to see just how strong they were! Mine are stuck to the side of my gun cabinet and I have to slide them off the edge to remove them!!

They come with a health warning too - no pacemakers etc Quote : "Magnets in excess of 125 cm3 can sever fingers if two attract each other and a finger is caught in-between" But that would be a bit excessive for a roof mount!

atb

Fizz
    Last edited by fizzbangwhallop; 09-09-2012 at 11:30.

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    to be honest it may be easier and cheaper to change tjhe whole bar try adding a little washing up liquid to the water you need to wet both surfaces to help them stick better
    The rubber on the bottom of one of my cups has perished therefore i'd like to replace it - i'll keep looking but the magnets looks interesting

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbangwhallop View Post
    Have you thought about using magnets instead Bob?

These were recommended on the roof mounted Nv spotting systems threads on UKV and airgunbbs last year for holding Bosch UFLEDS in place.

Either taxi roof sign mounts which are rubber coated or stronger ... just don't get your fingers in the way! Piece of strong polythene underneath helps you get them off!

Got mine from here
    Buy Clamping Magnets Online

Of course, I just had to buy a couple of the stronger ones to see just how strong they were! Mine are stuck to the side of my gun cabinet and I have to slide them off the edge to remove them!!

They come with a health warning too - no pacemakers etc Quote : "Magnets in excess of 125 cm3 can sever fingers if two attract each other and a finger is caught in-between" But that would be a bit excessive for a roof mount!

atb

Fizz
    cheers Fiz.

im looking at a couple of old cb/ham radio mag mounts, but things are tight so i may have to wait a while,

I have been told that the UK lightforce rights are held by deben ?? if thats the case we stand no chance of a reply asking if this is a manufacturing fault ??

bob.