What rifle sako or steyr manlicher ?

Sav

Just got my variation for a.308 can't decide which one to go for, I've looked at the sako 85 finlight but been told that the steyr mannlicher is a much better rifle

i've got a sako hunter .308 and can't say a bad thing about it if thats any help to you. it never misses a beat.

I've got a steyr and I love it it's never let me down shoots sub inch groups all day long. At the end of the day they are both good rifles it's down to personal preference. Good luck

It depends what you want to do. I've owned both makes of rifle, but if you look at my gallery you won't see either now. Both work well out of the box. Good luck. JCS

I have a Sako in 6.5 x 55. Hunter in blue and wooden frame , Very impressed with the build quality and shoots sub .50 inch looking at the 308 now. To get, nice piece of reliable kit.

The 85 has a bolt release that allows the safety to be kept on when removing bolt, brilliant ideal, the bolt cannot be re inserted without taking safety off though, bit confusing at first, but all in all it could stop a discharge when unloading, you never know, I have got used to mine now and I am impressed by it overall, recommend Sako 100%

Phil

What use is a stalking rifle with a bolt which moves up with a clunk as you push the safety off? Forget the Steyr.

thats when the saftey is in safe bolt postion. i have one in 30.06 brilliant weapon cant fault it but each to there own both are first class work horses

..... been told that the steyr mannlicher is a much better rifle

That is just not true. Both are perfectly good rifles, I have had a Mannlicher in the past, fantastically accurate rifle - it was a 222rem timber and blue. I do not like the Pro Hunter stock. I have two Sako's just now.

Nothing more than personal choice. The only thing I will say, if you fancy selling on at some point, the Sako will shift in a heart beat, a Mannlicher might linger around for a while.

Have had 3 steyrs very good rifles and I am after another .the only misses were driver error ,the sako 22/250 I just shifted took 7 mths to shift on here and it was mint ! You takes your choice I don't want to hit Nats at a thousand yards just kill deer well at sensible ones most modern out the box guns shoot very well once you find the right ammo my steyrs are all a bit fussy that way .
regards Norma

as already said both are perfectly good rifles infact both are what i would class as high end rifles, i was looking at both a while ago and opted for the sako as to me it felt better in my hands and i wasnt keen on the manlicher stock but those are personal thoughts not at all base on the abilitys of the rifles to do there job and i dont think you will have a bad rifle if you go for either

SLA first person to get it right , "it felt better in my hands" too many people buy a gun that does not fit them right, it should feel right not to long,short, or wide, a name does not kill deer, any gun that fits will out shoot any of these guns

I would steer clear of the steyer if I were you the sako is 10x better than the steyer also the sako can be rebarreled reasonably easily where as the the steyer cannot also you can get the odd aftermarket bits for the sako the steyer hardly any.......

I would steer clear of the steyer if I were you the sako is 10x better than the steyer also the sako can be rebarreled reasonably easily where as the the steyer cannot also you can get the odd aftermarket bits for the sako the steyer hardly any.......
You don't need after market bits with the steyr :stir:

I have a couple of Sako's and also a Steyr Mannlicher - I think they are both superb rifles and I dont feel one is better than the other. Different maybe but not necessarily better,so my advice would be to buy either with absolute confidence.

Just got my variation for a.308 can't decide which one to go for, I've looked at the sako 85 finlight but been told that the steyr mannlicher is a much better rifle

Sportsmans Gun center told me the same but,I didnt fall for it,thank god!!!....IMO Sako is far superior,just try the two safety catches and see which you think will last out in the woods or on the hill...........

Sportsmans Gun center told me the same but,I didnt fall for it,thank god!!!....IMO Sako is far superior,just try the two safety catches and see which you think will last out in the woods or on the hill...........

Yeah agree don't fall for it I've heard it quite a few time from the SGC the sako is certainly superior in every way imo

Back