Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foxpro transmitting distance

Foxpro transmitting distance

Hi lads, anyfoxpro users able to give me an idea of the sort of range i should be getting out of my foxpro scorpian. Every now and again it drops right down to next to nothing, even with new batteries. Any help greatly appreciated.neil

Neil, I normally place mine about 80m out but have tested it out to 100m without any problems, still on original batteries.

ATB Andy

Mine has always been iffy if not really close.

I have the fury, I use mine to pull charle boy out and divert the attention from me

Gives the chance of a decent shot and no pressure on the fox, works brilliantly

The general range I use mine is as Sam the fireman 80 yds unless I am in the lambing time then I may put it out further all depends on the situation really.

One thing I now do is remove the batteries without fail after each sortie and check power levels and don't leave em in the machine or handheld part, I got caught out on a lambing field, I used the caller on Monday again on Thursday and the batteries went after 20 mins on the thursday that will effect the range drastically. I guess mine will work well past that 80 yd range easily I have no problems wherever to date, deafo here, probably can't hear that far anyway

I use 26 k lithium rechargeable in mine, they do the business. I may have a charge leak on mine, makes no difference, check it each time is good practice

Have been out tonight and called one out no more than sixty yards away.

Overall mine as been a great asset and has proved itself to be a good tool so far ?
    wouldn't want to lose it, bit like a mobile phone now, don't want to go out without it

ATB

Phil
    Last edited by philip; 09-09-2012 at 01:57.

Quote Originally Posted by neil the plumber View Post
    Hi lads, anyfoxpro users able to give me an idea of the sort of range i should be getting out of my foxpro scorpian. Every now and again it drops right down to next to nothing, even with new batteries. Any help greatly appreciated.neil
    I have had the same problem, some times the bu**er just ignores me! Can be frustrating, set it up, test it, walk back to "hide" and nothing!
    I never take the batteries out, did'nt think would have any effects.
    ​" How Much !"

I've used mine out to 100yds no problems, but keep an eye on the batteries.

The Foxpro can be really sensitive to obstructions, such as wet vegetation and rises in the ground. I've been experimenting with all manner of tricks to try and improve the signal reception. Currently, I have a piece of fishing rod Araldited to the main caller - this has an open ferrule at one end so that I can add another section to help raise it up in the air.

As an aside, I recently had Foxpro custom-build me a rifle-mounted mute button. This transmits the command to the main remote control, so that when a fox comes running in, I can instantly mute the caller without any fumbling around.

As above, they can be imapacted by a numbe rof things such as overhead cables. Teh key thing is to ahev it out in the clear above long grass with the areal pointing in your direction (On Scorpion). Sometimes pointing the handset up in the air works better than directly at it. Always disconnect the abtteries if its not going to be used for a week or more, they do drain...

Quote Originally Posted by 204 Ruger View Post
    Always disconnect the batteries if its not going to be used for a week or more, they do drain...
    I have two Scorpions, and I've added a master power on/off switch to both of them. That way, there's no fiddling about in the dark, trying to get the 9v connector lined up correctly.

I always try to elevate the caller a metre above the ground, thought about having a isolation switch installed - warranty comes to mind though ? If it's goes pop can it be repaired ? They're not cheap don't want to jepordise the warranty.

Never had a problem with the range, just battery levels, have that gripped now, decent bit of kit

Phil