View Poll Results: Is this sort of a 'hands on' training course of interest to you as a stalker/deer manager?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - at a sensible price, it would be useful.

17 65.38%
  • No - I prefer to try and figure out things for myself.

9 34.62%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Building High Seats for Deer Control - day training course.

Building High Seats for Deer Control - day training course.

Folks

Date (TBC) MAY 30th 2009

I will shortly be running another one day 'High seats for deer & fox'' course at 75 per person. Please get in touch by PM if interested, it will be held here in Devon and naturally, the cost includes your lunch!

We will deal with free-standers that fold flat for transport into site, 'lean-to' versions that offer easy construction and cover from view, as well as protection from the weather - and finally, fully enclosed permanent German style 'Kanzeln'.

Easy to construct and transport, offering comfort and a steady shooting position - they are often the safest way to shoot an area, and at a unit cost @50 for a double seat, are very economical!

During the day, we cover design, construction, siting and maintenance issues - as well as the H&S & liability concerns that every stalker must be aware of.

By the end of the course, you will have built the three basic high-seat models and will have an appreciation of all the factors concerning high-seats. It will be a great day working with other stalkers/pest controllers, and you come away with a lot of practical knowledge - as well as the designs and cutting lists for every high-seat you might need to build!

Rgds

IanF

Providing that the weather is nice, it sounds like a fun day out. 8)
    I'm up for it just for the company and lunch, bread and cheese, pickled onion and Devon Cider!!

Ed

Hah! Sounds like a plan - was thinking of cheap Belgian beer, but if you insist on Cider........

Are you thinking of bringing a herd of your trainees along? Let me know if so, I will need to get in a bulk order for the Cornish Pasties!

Rgds Ian

Hi Ian,
    Nah, just thinking of a day out .
    I was brought up 'down that way' so Cider sprang to mind but if it's Belgian Beer then so be it! !

Ian
    I might be interested depending on location and date.

Wayne

If any are interested and live between my place, Stonhenge area, and the venue, I am willing to give a lift just for the company.
    I did not say subject to date and location but that goes without saying.
    If I am expected to be in London collecting my Lottery winnings on the same day I think London might win

sounds like a good day out lads if we can get the weather to play ball.

gadget

sounds like a good day out lads if we can get the weather to play ball.

gadget

Didn't anyone tell you?

The sun always shines in Devon!

Rgds Ian

Hi Ian
    I,am up for this just depends on dates and whether i can pitch a tent 4 a couple of nights due to the distance i've got to travel and the cider .Or has any one got a bit of stalking going aswel near by,willing to pay of course

Cheers
    Glenn
    P.S
    If anyone needs a lift i will be coming from shropshire