Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild Boar at Kiltarlity

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

Wild Boar at Kiltarlity

I was up in Kiltarlity today, there was a "Deer Fenced" area that borders a bit of FC Ground. The signs on the fence said "Wild Boar Roaming"(Although fenced wild boar contradict each other). Does anyone know if this is still stocked? I have been told that there are boar sightings around Muir of Ord but nothing about Kiltarlity.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

I spoke to a Man today who Shot one near Strathnairn last week - 109Kgs larder weight.
    Haven't heard anything about Muir-of-Ord. Is JRoe not seeing them? I heard they were in that area too.

If JRoe has them he's keeping that quiet! No he doesn't but a Boar was shot close to Cawdor about 2 weeks before we all met at the Snow Goose.

TJ
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post
    I was up in Kiltarlity today, there was a "Deer Fenced" area that borders a bit of FC Ground. The signs on the fence said "Wild Boar Roaming"(Although fenced wild boar contradict each other). Does anyone know if this is still stocked? I have been told that there are boar sightings around Muir of Ord but nothing about Kiltarlity.

TJ

Quite a few sightings between Kiltality,and Invermorisson. And then west to Glenfinan.

There was a big Boar trying to dig into the sows at Dundreggan last year.

My wife had one cross the road in front of her at Altyre a couple of years ago.

Account Suspended
    "Corda Serata Pando"

Any takers?
    Last edited by Tamus; 09-09-2012 at 20:33.

Tammy vos es maximus taker in tabula!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    "Corda Serata Pando"

Any takers?
    What does this mean? Google has brought a few different translations, also looks like you spelled it incorrectly?

Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    Tammy vos es maximus taker in tabula!
    Same to you?.........

Cheers for the input

Account Suspended
    What does this mean? Google has brought a few different translations, also looks like you spelled it incorrectly?

Its meaning isn't the significant thing, per se. I did spell it correctly... Heck I even had to edit it to make sure I spelled it right.

It's a motto and I was fishing. If no-one "gets it" either the bait doesn't work or the fish are too wily.

I'm not even going to try and explain any further than this as to do so would be to insuate things that I have scant reason to believe may be true but have absolutely no solid evidence of, whatsoever... hence the fishing trip.
    Last edited by Tamus; 10-09-2012 at 09:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    Its meaning isn't the significant thing, per se. I did spell it correctly... Heck I even had to edit it to make sure I spelled it right.

It's a motto and I was fishing. If no-one "gets it" either the bait doesn't work or the fish are too wily.

I'm not even going to try and explain any further than this as to do so would be to insuate things that I have scant reason to believe may be true but have absolutely no solid evidence of, whatsoever... hence the fishing trip.
    Well that's so much clearer.

Account Suspended
    Well that's so much clearer.
    You're welcome.

Tell me though, if you can, please... Are the "wild boar" of Kiltarlity quite ginger(ish) in colour?