Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunsmith Recommendations in Kent

Gunsmith Recommendations in Kent

Can anybody recommend me a decent Smith, preferably in Kent or somewhere close, to sort out the horrible factory trigger and possibly re-crown a Remington 700 please?

I've just called my local guy to be told he's no longer doing it which i find a bit bizarre!

There is someone who is making the new Thomas Bland shotguns for the american who bought the old name, I met the brit a few years ago and he is based in Kent but I dumped his card in the bin at the weekend. If he make shotguns then he must know his stuff.
    So try contacting the american who trades under Woodcock Hill in the USA north carolina or south virginia I think.
    Martin

Alternately if you phone John Forsey Guns in Bexleyheath, I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction. John Forsey seems to be the Kent godfather...

Quote Originally Posted by Dodder View Post
    Can anybody recommend me a decent Smith, preferably in Kent or somewhere close, to sort out the horrible factory trigger and possibly re-crown a Remington 700 please?

I've just called my local guy to be told he's no longer doing it which i find a bit bizarre!
    You could try Gavin at Anglo custom he's in stanstead Kent .
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Have you tried danpd off this site? He trades as Dane & Co Tailor made hunting rifles. I have no connection with him other than selling him a rifle a couple of weeks ago, seemed like a nice guy to deal with.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

C&SHOOT in FOLKSTONE give Chris a ring on 01303 850354 he will sort it out, no problem
    cheers Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Dodder View Post

danpd of this very forum is your man mate, not a million miles away from Tonbridge. Drop him a PM describing your needs and he'll see you right
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Hi digger9523

Have texted you a number over for a decent gunsmith in detling by mistake

Phil
    Last edited by philip; 10-09-2012 at 19:24.

Established Poster
    I agree with Pierred give Gavin at Anglo Custom a go hes a real nice bloke and certainly knows his stuff .