Gunsmith Recommendations in Kent

Dodder

Can anybody recommend me a decent Smith, preferably in Kent or somewhere close, to sort out the horrible factory trigger and possibly re-crown a Remington 700 please?

I've just called my local guy to be told he's no longer doing it which i find a bit bizarre!

There is someone who is making the new Thomas Bland shotguns for the american who bought the old name, I met the brit a few years ago and he is based in Kent but I dumped his card in the bin at the weekend. If he make shotguns then he must know his stuff.
So try contacting the american who trades under Woodcock Hill in the USA north carolina or south virginia I think.
Martin

Alternately if you phone John Forsey Guns in Bexleyheath, I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction. John Forsey seems to be the Kent godfather...

Can anybody recommend me a decent Smith, preferably in Kent or somewhere close, to sort out the horrible factory trigger and possibly re-crown a Remington 700 please?

I've just called my local guy to be told he's no longer doing it which i find a bit bizarre!
You could try Gavin at Anglo custom he's in stanstead Kent .

Have you tried danpd off this site? He trades as Dane & Co Tailor made hunting rifles. I have no connection with him other than selling him a rifle a couple of weeks ago, seemed like a nice guy to deal with.

C&SHOOT in FOLKSTONE give Chris a ring on 01303 850354 he will sort it out, no problem
cheers Geoff

danpd of this very forum is your man mate, not a million miles away from Tonbridge. Drop him a PM describing your needs and he'll see you right;)

I agree with Pierred give Gavin at Anglo Custom a go hes a real nice bloke and certainly knows his stuff .

C&SHOOT in FOLKSTONE give Chris a ring on 01303 850354 he will sort it out, no problem
cheers Geoff

Oh no he wont! He was the smith I called before putting up the post to be told he was no longer doing customers work as he was going to concentrate on sorting out his own rifles to sell everything off. He recently did the dirty on me over a rifle purchase - he found a nice .17Rem for me, I went to see it and agreed to take it - went back a couple of weeks later to collect it after he sorted the trigger and crown to be told he was'nt going to sell it to me as he was going to keep it himself! As you can imagine I was more than a little peeved.... I think he must be either having a (late) mid-life crisis or going through 'the change'!!

Thanks to everybody for your input - looks like its going to be a toss up between Gavin at Anglo Custom or Danpd!

OH YES HE WILL, Hi All i spoke to Chris at C&Shoot this morning, just thought i would let you know that he is still doing customers work, he can be a grumpy old bugger at times (his words) but his work is faultless
cheers geoff

Thanks to everyone for your input with this. I went with Paddy Dane (danpd) who was also recommended to me by Neil McKillop, which is good enough for me.

I collected the rifle yesterday and am very very happy with every aspect of the service provided, particularly his customer relations skills....... The new crown is simply a work of art and the new jewell trigger sublime when compared to the factory offering. Not only that, but he very kindly lent me a demo Sightron Scope and even mounted it for me. Definitely a top bloke and a really nice guy to deal with to boot - I know who I will be recommending in the future.

Thanks to everyone for your input with this. I went with Paddy Dane (danpd) who was also recommended to me by Neil McKillop, which is good enough for me.

I collected the rifle yesterday and am very very happy with every aspect of the service provided, particularly his customer relations skills....... The new crown is simply a work of art and the new jewell trigger sublime when compared to the factory offering. Not only that, but he very kindly lent me a demo Sightron Scope and even mounted it for me. Definitely a top bloke and a really nice guy to deal with to boot - I know who I will be recommending in the future.

Nice one dave that is great sevice. Let us know how you get on with scope

I use Andy in Eltham

Back