Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSC level 2 registration through BASC

DSC level 2 registration through BASC

How many people have registered through BASC for their Level 2? If so, were you asked the question "how many deer have you culled"? By one of the admin ladies?

Is it any of their business? Is it relevant? And if so, how relevant?

*They apparently leave you alone if you tell them a high number. So I'm told anyway.

P.S Just so we're ompletely clear, I've posed the question to those people who have actualy registered with the BASC scheme. No need for feedback on anything else. Please remember that as no one wants another thread to descend into chaos.
    Last edited by MJ75; 10-09-2012 at 13:17.

MJ75,

I think it's to advise you that you might want to take a little longer before registering as more than half who register never submit a portfolio as they run out of time.

A case of save your money until you are ready to go for it.

Stan

I sent in the paperwork with a cheque. No further questions were forthcoming.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I registered through BASC.

No hassle, none of the questions you mention and everything arrived as it should.

I think it was Mary I dealt with but, it was a few years ago now.

ATB
    Moses
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

Smullery has summed it up really. They ask ALL potential candidates what their experience is if they phone in for advice

Peter
    Last edited by Peterm; 10-09-2012 at 14:50.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    How many people have registered through BASC for their Level 2? If so, were you asked the question "how many deer have you culled"? By one of the admin ladies?

Is it any of their business? Is it relevant? And if so, how relevant?

*They apparently leave you alone if you tell them a high number. So I'm told anyway.

P.S Just so we're ompletely clear, .
    Yep
    just so were are completely clear
    can we actually post on what we know as fact than hear say
    as "so I am told anyway" is not fact but just rumour
    is it not??
    Regardless of what others say , surely it is on what you actually know is what counts
    c'mon atleast play the game instead of playing at it

Again this is becoming a a pet rant of mine but...

If you have questions about the service provided by BASC ( or any one else) then why not write to them and ask them the question rather than the people on an internet forum?

Dear Sir,

I've just registered for DSC2 with you and was asked how many deer I had culled. I thought this a little unusual and thought to ask if this is standard practice and also what the purpose of this question is?

Then you will get an answer rather than speculation and you can base your opinions and view of the question on the facts rather than idle chatter on the internet.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

I don't think BASC will really give a toss how many deer you've culled. Apart from the saving you time and money reason above.

Three years is a long time though, I'm surprised that there are a lot of people that don't do it in that time. How hard can it be?? You'd have thought a complete novice would be able to learn what's what in a few stalks. Maybe there's a high percentage of impractical townies that register?

There are quite a few that attend the DSC 1 course and then think they should register for DMQ2 immediately with no other experience other than the DMQ1 course.
    So if the person asks "how many deer have you culled" the answer could quite easily be "none yet" so in that case the person asking the question may go into it a bit further and could save you money and time.
    In my opinion it is quite a relevent question but need not be answered if you feel so inclined.
    As an AW, whenever I am approached with a view to witnessing, that is the first thing I ask as it gives me an idea of whether I am going to be wasting my and the stalkers time.
    How many deer culled by the stalker gives me a better idea of the stalkers experience as opposed to the length of time they have been stalking.
    Last edited by EMcC; 10-09-2012 at 21:57.

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    Yep
    just so were are completely clear
    can we actually post on what we know as fact than hear say
    as "so I am told anyway" is not fact but just rumour
    is it not??
    Regardless of what others say , surely it is on what you actually know is what counts
    c'mon atleast play the game instead of playing at it
    I've since called myself. Same question. First question in fact. Though not a surprise as I trust the people who advised that they'll ask this. Done because I want to do my level 2. So no, not really a rumour at all. Stone, are you trying to deliberately argumentative (very boring) or do you have anything of any use to add to the thread? If so, please do. I was really hoping for some sensible discussion on the amount of deer people see as sensible before registering for it. And why BASC find it neccesary to ask as they are only a registration center are they not?
    Last edited by MJ75; 11-09-2012 at 06:42.