Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer Stalking

Deer Stalking

Hi there,

As I have said previously I am a 33 year old married woman. My formative years were spent in Europe and predominately Kenya. Coming from a shooting background it is something that I wish to continue since my return to the UK some three years ago. As I now have more time on my hands I would like to become an active member of a Deer Stalking Club where I can further my interest and meet new friends.

Welcome to the forum. I can't help on the club front, but if you specify where you would like to stalk deer there may be stalkers in that area who can help. And as I think was previously mentioned there are two BASC schemes that will help get you out and meet like minded people.

Welcome, unfortunately I don't know of any "clubs" apart from St Huberts in this area.

Welcome to the site, and good luck,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome to SD - I hope things work out.

It may be of interest to some on here to know more about how deer stalking is organised in Europe in comparison to how you find things here.

I'm afraid cannot help on the 'club' front only than to echo others than organisations such as BDS and BASc may be a good starting point on which to build contacts.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Many thanks for all of your responses. My previous thread appears to have aroused much debate. I find that Female stalkers in the UK are a minority. I have visited the BASC website and this is basically an association, and not a Club. I also visited the Saint Hubert Club website, as this is just what I was looking for, and I was rather surprised that they do not offer membership to Females, when the quite clearly state that they stalk publicly owned ground. Surely the Forestry Commission can not condone this.
    Is there any other Females out there that would wish to join this Club? or indeed form a Female version (and allow male membership)
    Just wondered if anyone out there had any views on this.
    Many thanks again.

Hi littlemisssureshot. I'll watch with interest how your quest goes. As a new stalker myself I find there are many closed doors to us new comers and as you have found even more for women. May not make you too many friends rattling the cage doors of men only clubs, but might be worth a go see if you become famous as the first member of an all male preserve. ATB. PS when you get that female stalking club up and running keep me in mind. (Since male will be allowed membership of course)

don't be put off by old dusty clubs with antiquated 'gentlemen only' rules - I'm sure there are plenty of both men and women who would be interested in forming a club with you - with modern day rules. perhaps you can take this quite far and make an impact in the community, I'm sure your late father would be quite proud of that given your previous description of his appreciation for clubs, stalking, and fine firearms.

best of luck whichever route you chose to travel.

regards

PKL

Quote Originally Posted by littlemisssureshot View Post
    Hi there,

As I have said previously I am a 33 year old married woman. My formative years were spent in Europe and predominately Kenya. Coming from a shooting background it is something that I wish to continue since my return to the UK some three years ago. As I now have more time on my hands I would like to become an active member of a Deer Stalking Club where I can further my interest and meet new friends.

Unlucky guys . . . .you can all retire back to your toasty slippers and pipes again
    Last edited by Cadex; 13-09-2012 at 10:14.

LMS- really liked your second post on this thread.

On other threads 'we' are pondering how best to increase interest in fieldsports and participation in various shooting organisations and yet half the population still faces prejudice and intimidation - albeit frequently couched in supposed humour.

Whilst not shooting clubs per se, I would still encourage involvement with either BASC or BDS - in terms of general support for the sport and as a way to make contacts. If you find them unaccommodating - tell them why.

I appreciate you joined SD looking for stalking opportunities, not to have to wage the same old battles. That's another issue that would bear some thinking about by us all.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017