Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Binoculars 250

Binoculars 250

Hi Guys,

Looking for a set of binoculars, not fussed wether new or secondhand. Anyone got any for sale or any ideas for new binos around the 250 mark.

Cheers Rob

SD Regular
    Have a look at Minox new - good glass for the money and you may even get some change!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Thanks Eric, i had a look on sportsmans - they have minox bv 8x42 for 130 reduced from 300. Are these decent glass or would it have to be the higher spec models?

Cheers Rob

SD Regular
    I think you'll find plenty of support for these on this forum - for your budget, you should be able to get a pair of the next spec up, if you want to spend it all. The BV's are very good for the money. I'd also have a look at Steiner Bino's as a comparable product - also well received.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Hi Rob,

For the price and quality I think you'll find Minox very hard to beat, (BV or BL models)

Rgds Buck.

PS. I know Frank use's HG's and rates them highly.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Thanks Eric, i had a look on sportsmans - they have minox bv 8x42 for 130 reduced from 300. Are these decent glass or would it have to be the higher spec models?

Cheers Rob
    buy them at that price!

i've got a pair and they are spot on, ok they're not up to the standard of swaro or zeiss but imo the clarity is the best you are going to get for your budget.

atb

ally

Hawke 8x50 HD they are 260 From uttings on the net. They are brilliant for the money cheers Hootsman
    Just Shoot The F..king Thing!

See if you can track down a pair of the Minox BL 8x42 MIG (Made in Gemany). I got a pair for under 250 and am really pleased with them. Before purchase I checked with Minox and they confirmed they will warrant all MIG binos for 30 years which adds to the appeal at that price.

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks guys very helpfull. Minox defo seem to get good feedback. Can anyone tell me the difference between the BV and the BF model?

Uncle Buck - would love a set of the HG's, seen Franks when i was out and they were awsome! just a little out my price range just now