Thread: .17Rem loads for Rem 700 LVSF

.17Rem loads for Rem 700 LVSF

As above I'd be interested in suitable loads and especially would like to hear from anyone with the same rifle. I will probably be using 25grn V-maxes due to their good BC with Federal Match primers GM205's and possibly Reloder 7 initially as I have some for the .222. Then maybe trying Vit 133. I'd be interested to hear what you gents are using and especially what COL you load to.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodder View Post
    As above I'd be interested in suitable loads and especially would like to hear from anyone with the same rifle. I will probably be using 25grn V-maxes due to their good BC with Federal Match primers GM205's and possibly Reloder 7 initially as I have some for the .222. Then maybe trying Vit 133. I'd be interested to hear what you gents are using and especially what COL you load to.

Thanks!
    Hi lad tried many different loads in my rem 17 lvsf from 20 gr v-max up to 30 gr bergers, in fact I have fired more than 2500 rounds through it and it still shoots better than I can lol sure dispels the myth the 17 rem eats barrels!!! the lvsf is both lightweight and very accurate rifle it looks and handles good to the step fluted barrel a class act for sure and sooo much fun to shoot I really rate it!! newer model rems seem to fall short nowadays, anyway the load I finally settled on is a 25 gr hornady hp pushed along with 22.5 grns of reloader 15, primers are cci 450 small rifle magnum I have also had good results with both the 20 and the 25 gr vmax and as mentioned above also the 30 grn berger bullet. Just remember whatever load you try, start at min load as per data for bullet/powder combination and work your way up in 1/4 grn increments, if you havent already try and get a hold of modern reloading by richard lee lots of very useful imformation for both novice and experienced alike. I know a few others on here that know the virtues of that deadly little pill and I"m sure they will be along to offer a lot more info than I can good luck and safe huntin

Thanks dlz90 - I was never a fan of Remington 700's - until I saw a LVSF. I agree its a class act and am so pleased to have picked up a nearly new one (round count 107) in such good condition and at a reasonable price - I have a feeling its going to be a keeper!

This is just the sort of info I was after, but can I ask what COL you use please? I was only intending on using the V-max due to their good BC, so much better than the HP bullets, but I guess the difference is only marginal at 'normal ranges'. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Dodder; 11-09-2012 at 16:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodder View Post
    Thanks dlz90 - I was never a fan of Remington 700's - until I saw a LVSF. I agree its a class act and am so pleased to have picked up a nearly new one (round count 107) in such good condition and at a reasonable price - I have a feeling its going to be a keeper!

This is just the sort of info I was after, but can I ask what COL you use please? I was only intending on using the V-max due to their good BC, so much better than the HP bullets, but I guess the difference is only marginal at 'normal ranges'. Thanks again!

Yes should have mentioned the COL being 2.150" with the hornady hps and according to my records 2.200"for the 25gr vmaxs looking at old targets 2nite both these loads grouped less than a inch @ 100yds the vmaxs just grouping that little bit tighter very consistent,as mentioned I mainly use RL15 but varget also works very well, for the 30gr bullets I used H414 though nowadays I nearly always use the hps I just like them better for fox good luck and safe huntin