Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BT's for deer

BT's for deer

I have just acquired some 95gr NOSLER Ballistic Silvertip bullets and put a load together for my .243 .The bum'f says they're ok on deer
    they group very well but im not sure if there not just another BT got to do some park deer shortly and would'nt mind giving them a try
    any thought's lads
    P.S i'm usually a soft point shooter

If it's specifically Nosler Ballistic Tip hunting bullets you are after then they only have 90 & 95gr available in .243/6mm

http://www.nosler.com/Bullets/Ballistic-Tip.aspx

Sounds like a good excuse to treat yourself to a .30 calibre rifle - there's a much wider range of bullet weights available!

I use the 90 grain Nosler BTs for deer in my .243 and have found them to be excellent, I dont use anything else in the .243 now

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/s...7082/cat100139

They look good to me, go for it.
    Last edited by Leupsak; 11-09-2012 at 16:25.

95g BTs in the .243 are perfect, they work exceptionally well, one thing I like is they dont deform in the mag with the inertia of the rifle, that said if you drive them to fast they will blow up...food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Drag1 View Post
    I have just acquired some 95gr NOSLER Ballistic Silvertip bullets and put a load together for my .243 .The bum'f says they're ok on deer they group very well but im not sure if there not just another BT got to do some park deer shortly and would'nt mind giving them a tryany thought's lads P.S i'm usually a soft point shooter
    Those 1s are combined technology b/t's. Ive not used them but a mate swears by them. I run the noslers and like them.Nuttu

Already got one 30-06 and a 7mm Mauser

just thought I,d give em a try
    Last edited by Drag1; 11-09-2012 at 17:08. Reason: spelling

Nosler 95gn BT's work well in my .243. 44.5gns Vit. N160 & Rem 9 1/2 primer does the job nicely. Just make sure they are the hunting bullet and not the varmint version. ATB
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

As nutty say's they are the combined technology (supreme hunting bullet )"it say's on the box"

Hi lads we are just about to upload a video on this this subject !!! in the vid section.
    Atb.. Dave (Jelen deer services).

The latest offering from Winchester is their 95 grain Ballistic Silvertip at an advertised 3100fps for a realistic velocity of 3020fps. This load is not too dissimilar from the PowerPoint in terms of terminal performance at close ranges but has the major advantage of a higher muzzle velocity and higher BC. The 95 grain BST not only shoots flatter but also through velocity retention, creates a highly traumatic wound out to a far greater distance than the PowerPoint is capable of. The 95 grain BST and 95 grain Hornady SST are definitely the most spectacular killers of all currently available 6mm projectiles. The BST has no means of controlled expansion yet the jacket and core are both of a soft compatible nature and the combination of bullet material, bore diameter and velocity works in perfect balance. The 95 grain BST produces violent wounds and adequate penetration on light to medium sized deer weighing less than 80kg (180lb), basically, a very good load.
    Taken from ballisticstudies.com