Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: roe sack

roe sack

hi lads does anyone know of a good roe sack to recommend?

cheers, jim

Hi Jim,

I got a "Sika Sack" made by poppins from this site. It is a basically a big roe sack which I use for fallow and it is an excellent bit of kit. She also makes a roe sack so it might be worth getting in touch with her.

Regards

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun View Post
    Hi Jim,

I got a "Sika Sack" made by poppins from this site. It is a basically a big roe sack which I use for fallow and it is an excellent bit of kit. She also makes a roe sack so it might be worth getting in touch with her.

Regards

Mike

+1

what are the prices lads? are they hard wearing?

jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    what are the prices lads? are they hard wearing?

jim
    For Sale: roe and sika sacks

Review: a review of my new Fallow/Sika sack

This is the post with the prices and photos. I have only had mine about a month, so can't really comment on longevity, but it appears really solid bit of kit.

Mike
    Last edited by YoungGun; 11-09-2012 at 21:35. Reason: Add link.

Hi Jim,

Regards

Mike
    +1
    Have used mine 5 times and no problems - sorry one problem - not getting used enough!
    Great piece of kit for the price.

Ed

I've got a Harkila one, but to be honest, it's a bag of *****!
    I christened it with a 82lb fallow which 'deer man' watched me carry for about 2 miles without offering to help!
    The bottom strap ripped out from that journey but is strangely still holding on somehow!
    One of the plastic clips then snapped on another outing.
    The padded backrest has gradually unstitched itself and has now fallen off completely! it will easily hold 2 roe or a small fallow, but its size and build quality will not support the potential weight. I still use it and had 2 roe bucks in it tonight, but it is no longer 'fit for purpose'!
    MS

I got an 'akhah or akkhah' or something from bushwear - like MS's = bag o'****e! carry strap tore off first outing the top flap/cover tore off on the 2nd outing, the steel buckle scratched the hell out of my nice sako hunter stock, it does not have strap holes lined up to sit straight on the back, and it also sits way too low on the back.

yep, bag o'shjite.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I've got a Harkila one, but to be honest, it's a bag of *****!
    I christened it with a 82lb fallow which 'deer man' watched me carry for about 2 miles without offering to help!
    The bottom strap ripped out from that journey but is strangely still holding on somehow!
    One of the plastic clips then snapped on another outing.
    The padded backrest has gradually unstitched itself and has now fallen off completely! it will easily hold 2 roe or a small fallow, but its size and build quality will not support the potential weight. I still use it and had 2 roe bucks in it tonight, but it is no longer 'fit for purpose'!
    MS
    I have to agree with MS, first use one of the straps broke. Stitching is poor on the straps generally but I have had 3 muntjac in it without too much hassle.

Hi Jim,

+ another one. Packed out a fallow doe and pricket in it with no problems - mainly because I wasn't carrying it!