Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BASC & the West Mercia Police Firearms at the Midland

BASC & the West Mercia Police Firearms at the Midland

This has to be good news for those who live in that area!!

Firearms licensing staff from West Mercia Police will be at BASC's stand at the Midland Game Fair this weekend to offer a range of services to certificate holders who live in their force area.

They will have the technology with them to allow West Mercia certificate holders to obtain variations to their firearm certificates and to complete transfers of guns bought and sold at the event. They will also be able to issue temporary permits if needed and will offer a service where West Mercia certificate holders may track the progress of any application they may have made for a certificate.

They can also offer help and advice about the licensing process to anyone who requires it.

Mike Eveleigh, BASC's senior firearms officer, said: "West Mercia Police's firearms licensing department has in the past been criticised for poor performance but with some assistance from BASC they have made sterling efforts to improve their service, which has already shown vast improvements. To further this, firearms licensing department staff will be at the BASC stand at the Midland Game Fair."

Just form an orderly queue to have an AOLQ condition added to your FAC!

Well done BASC, thats a feather your cap!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post

D|o you think they will for mine issued by D&C??

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    Surely that's why we have a National Firearms Licensing Database

So 'technically' there is no reason that they shouldn't be able to.... However I think the inter-constabulary politics might get a little exciting if we all requested AOLQ and other sensible conditions from the more enlightened/pragmatic Licensing Departments.

Good news and a great step in the right direction.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    Only if you move house!

Seriously though, it might offer FAC holders who reside in the West Mercia area the chance to quiz them on why they appear to be so intransigent on the subject of AOLQ for experienced shooters with open FACS. It works for all parties, saves admin time, (and no doubt money), and has been adopted elsewhere without problem.

Now that really is forward motion!!............ real interaction at ground level!, maybe some "Other" organisation/s could emulate this, Well done B.A.S.C.!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

"Now that really is forward motion!!............ real interaction at ground level!, maybe some "Other" organisation/s could emulate this, Well done B.A.S.C.! - Finnbear270"

+1 Willie