Thread: Shoot vehicle, insurance

Shoot vehicle, insurance

We have a vehicle on our diy shoot which remains at the farm and is only used for shoot related tasks, all members get to and from the shoot in their own private vehicles,in order to get to some of our release pens we need to drive onto the country lane leading out of the village. This now requires insurance as we are on public highway. The vehicle is probably used at most 3 times a week throughout the shooting season, to avoid paying high insurance does anybody know if there is an insurance company which caters more for off road vehicles / farm vehicles that will take into account the minimal use of the vehicle.

I live on a farm and I thought you could access your own land with an uninsured farm vehicle for the purpose of accessing ur own land for farming reasons?
    i may be wrong though?

If it goes on the highway it must be insured,you could register for some kind of limited use as for plant,forklifts,tractors etc....or just third party insurance....??

Aren't most people who have insurance for their own car not covered to drive another car not belonging to them ?

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Aren't most people who have insurance for their own car not covered to drive another car not belonging to them ?

Neil.
    Only if the other said car is insured...... you cant drive a uninsured car on your own insurance.

Unless you have trade insurance!
    "Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it." Agatha Christie

Speaking with a friend yesterday evening he told that there is an insurance for young drivers which limits times of use and amount of use by means of a tracker any insurance guys out there that can shed some light on this

a friend of mine had tracker fitted as he was only 19 and his insurance would have been 2000 on a punto. So they fitted the tracker and he wasn't allowed to drive the vehicle between the hours of 11pm-5am doing this brought his insurance down by half.