Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Combination scales/powder dispensers

Combination scales/powder dispensers

Do combination dispensers offer any significant advantage over just using a cheap set of digital scales and a mechanical dispenser? If so do the more expensive ones work any better than the cheaper ones? Any advice will much appreciated. atb Tim

The only advantage is they are faster.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

What is the main perpose of it's use. If you're making hunting rounds. Why bother? Lee dippers make excellent hunting/accurate plinking rounds.

If your useing it for bench rest shooting. Why bother?

If any of the "resters" can scientifically prove 100% that weighing every charge is needed, and that a tenth of a grain makes any difference. I will go and buy the best one out there.

Why is there so much mind games played in the reloading? For us average Joe stalkers that practise, what is the point?

I use dippers to get the bulk of the charge and then trickle to the weight I require plenty fast enough for me I always like to weigh as accurately as possible to get a consistent load..........

Quote Originally Posted by Simjim33 View Post
    What is the main perpose of it's use. If you're making hunting rounds. Why bother? Lee dippers make excellent hunting/accurate plinking rounds.

If your useing it for bench rest shooting. Why bother?

If any of the "resters" can scientifically prove 100% that weighing every charge is needed, and that a tenth of a grain makes any difference. I will go and buy the best one out there.

Why is there so much mind games played in the reloading? For us average Joe stalkers that practise, what is the point?
    I use my reloads both for stalking and fairly light hearted target competitions although a few other club members take the latter more seriously, but that is their problem not mine. However I do need to buy some new scales and will choose between a cheap(ish) digital set and one of the expensive combo sets. atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    I use my reloads both for stalking and fairly light hearted target competitions although a few other club members take the latter more seriously, but that is their problem not mine. However I do need to buy some new scales and will choose between a cheap(ish) digital set and one of the expensive combo sets. atb Tim
    Thats my point Exactly Tim!

I made some rounds using home swage bullets ,lee dippers and a factory crimp. They went exactly where my mate who was spotting, told me to put them.

It's advertising rubbish mate. Don't bother save your money.

Thanks for your thoughts, you do indeed make a good point. I use the both the Lyman 55 dispenser and Lee dippers, the scales I use just for quality control checks and calibration. atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Simjim33 View Post
    Thats my point Exactly Tim!

I made some rounds using home swage bullets ,lee dippers and a factory crimp. They went exactly where my mate who was spotting, told me to put them.

It's advertising rubbish mate. Don't bother save your money.
    I think one of the reasons I also weigh exact is you are cutting out variables when it comes to accuracy if your struggling to get a good group you no your load is going to be the same velocity so that's one variable out of the way.......

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    I think one of the reasons I also weigh exact is you are cutting out variables when it comes to accuracy if your struggling to get a good group you no your load is going to be the same velocity so that's one variable out of the way.......
    Thanks, that is certainly something to consider. atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    Save time factory crimp it. Does the same thing.