Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BDS deer dog weekend

BDS deer dog weekend

I am hosting the 3rd weekend. of training and assessment for all breeds of dog at the end of the month, i will be particularly interested to see how the dogs who did the test last year have come on.

look forward to seeing those site members that are coming.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    I am hosting the 3rd weekend. of training and assessment for all breeds of dog at the end of the month, i will be particularly interested to see how the dogs who did the test last year have come on.

look forward to seeing those site members that are coming.

Tony
    Now that seems to me useful practice.

Can you give me some details about the tests and a timetable for both days?

Thank you

the tests will be run on Sunday, they will test the handler as well as the dog, the handler will need to explain what he thinks has happened at the shot site and then follow a trail, the trail will have been put down to the handlers request. depending on the experience of the dog.
    we will try and gear theses test more to UK hunting and stalking.

the Saturday will be a novice day, as some will have a dog with them and some just thinking of getting one, it is open to all breeds.

the tests will be run on Sunday, they will test the handler as well as the dog, the handler will need to explain what he thinks has happened at the shot site and then follow a trail, the trail will have been put down to the handlers request. depending on the experience of the dog.
    we will try and gear theses test more to UK hunting and stalking.

the Saturday will be a novice day, as some will have a dog with them and some just thinking of getting one, it is open to all breeds.
    Please book me in for the Sunday. perfect for the young hound.

Take it Kim wil be there; know few more knowledgeable handlers. Would like some advise on barking training.

Pity you are so far away from the Scottish boys; this would be an eye opener for them.

Baron we have dogs for deer run by the BDS up here and the chap there uses Blood tracking dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Baron we have dogs for deer run by the BDS up here and the chap there uses Blood tracking dogs.
    Ah but Kim who will give most of the course is a Dane and a very professional tracker indeed. Years and years of practical experience. I know nowbody in the UK with anything like that knowledge. He now has both labradors and HS, ideal from a teaching point of view.

Here was me thinking Kim was a woman Baron i am sure the Labs will be good at the british stuff but cant see the HS dropping to shot and crawinling in behind the stalker lol
    These ones are geared to the british stalker.

Quote Originally Posted by barongcw View Post
    Please book me in for the Sunday. perfect for the young hound.

Take it Kim wil be there; know few more knowledgeable handlers. Would like some advise on barking training.

Pity you are so far away from the Scottish boys; this would be an eye opener for them.
    have booked you in Georges, you will have to let me know weather you wont blood or scent trail and how old it should be ?

Kim and Dan will both be there, Kim will have a 8 month old Lab and one of his HS to give a demo, i think you will be surprized at the standerd the lab has reached for a dog so young.

are you wonting your hound to report on a find, if so try the head in the cage at the end of the trail.

Kim will have a 8 month old Lab and one of his HS to give a demo, i think you will be surprized at the standerd the lab has reached for a dog so young.
    I wouldn't be Tony
    Pity I won't make it,tell Kim another time,red or three waiting for you both

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I wouldn't be Tony
    Pity I won't make it,tell Kim another time,red or three waiting for you both
    safe trip and will take you up on that, will pass it on to Kim and Dan.