S.D. week nearly here

deerwarden

Hi to all the guys going up to Mals week in Scotland. Getting close now and I'm really looking forward to it as I've been to Scotland several times over the years, if this will be your first time I envy you, its a place where you can be removed from the everyday crap of modern living and experience a wide open vista and realy enjoy being there. It will be a great time for all of us, goog food, DRINK, and lots of banter, I reakon I'll be the daddy of all of you due to my advanceing years, but I 'm still in my teens in my head. Do we have the food all sorted, Do we need to still bring one meal for six, if so I will get Mrs deerwarden to do her shepherds pie, useing a real shepherd for the extra taste, do we need to get anything sorted B4 we arrive miles from the nearest chippy, as I work for the Ambulance service I do have an air ambulance on standby for myself, anyone want to share, ref the pie? Any other input from those going welcome here or via p.m. Deerwarden.:lol:

Last edited:
Will be up there a few days prior to all of you, and remember the mobile dosnt work. If you aim to arrive about midday on Sunday I shall be around, but quite possibly on the other side of the river in the other cottage called Gardeners, next to the deer larder.

Monday morning will be sighting in, and a brief tour of the estate before we get down to the serious business of stalking in the evening. Drive carefully see you soon.

Malc

Hi to all the guys going up to Mals week in Scotland. Getting close now and I'm really looking forward to it as I've been to Scotland several times over the years, if this will be your first time I envy you, its a place where you can be removed from the everyday crap of modern living and experience a wide open vista and realy enjoy being there. It will be a great time for all of us, goog food, DRINK, and lots of banter, I reakon I'll be the daddy of all of you due to my advanceing years, but I 'm still in my teens in my head. Do we have the food all sorted, Do we need to still bring one meal for six, if so I will get Mrs deerwarden to do her shepherds pie, useing a real shepherd for the extra taste, do we need to get anything sorted B4 we arrive miles from the nearest chippy, as I work for the Ambulance service I do have an air ambulance on standby for myself, anyone want to share, ref the pie? Any other input from those going welcome here or via p.m. Deerwarden.:lol:

Just PM'd you. I'll sort the food out and we can split it when we get up there. Save everyone going for a shop.

Buy your own booze though...my car isn't big enough for all of that ;)

See you soon.

Jim

It's going to be a great time, Scotland is a truely wonderfull place to stalk, just being there is good, stalking there is great. I will bring Brandy and coke for the evenings, plus some largers and lemonade for refreshments during the day, I have been asked to bring a chrono for someone to check thier loads. John F deerwarden.

Have fun everybody. Warning though - the police on the A9 are holding a major campaign on speed with lots of speed traps so just be patient.

It will be a first for me stalking in Scotland and I can't wait to get up there, I will bring the zummerzet cider with me!! I think I've have got everything sorted? Anyone got a list of essentials they would like to share?

Atb
Cal

Just a word of warning for those coming up from south of the border and fail to stop at the customs checkpoint, I will be collecting all temporary immigrant status fees on Sunday. The cost will be £10 per person per day fixed rate with an additional £2 per shot fired and £20 per beast taken. As I will not be able to attend everyday during the week any extra fees that are incurred daily can be paid to the Senior Guide, who will be introduced to you all at the beginning of the week. As a welcoming gesture the £2 per shot fee will be waived for the first thee shots during your zero check (ability test in reality).

Thank you for your attention and look forward to meeting you all and shaking you warmly by the wallet.

John

Any of you english lads going up north please remeber not to feel to bad there is always some one worse than you.

To make you all feel beter.

It will be a first for me stalking in Scotland and I can't wait to get up there, I will bring the zummerzet cider with me!! I think I've have got everything sorted? Anyone got a list of essentials they would like to share?

Atb
Cal

Boots, rifle, bullets and knife.... The rest well... dont matter if you forget it.

Have fun
nutty

Will be up there a few days prior to all of you, and remember the mobile dosnt work.

If anyone is trying to contact Malc after Thursday feel free to PM me as I'll be travelling up on Saturday so if I can't answer your query I can pass on the message. I'll probably be in comms reach until mid Saturday afternoon.

I've also got the lat/long of the accommodation if anyone needs it for the satnav

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Alex

Not long now guys, if any of you going need to know anything feel free to pm me, im away from friday evening until sunday but will check on my phone if im needed. im looking forward too it.

i would not worry if you forget owt as jonny 270 will have 12 of everything you will never need!!! (always does)
never been out on the hill so looking forward too that and afew story's with a beer or 2.
will see you all sunday, please pm for my number if you wish in case anyone has a break down or needs a hand with owt on the way up.
stav

For those of you that are coming up you will be pleased to know that the weather is changing. Proper autumnal feel to it, there was haar over the kyle this morning, (mist over the water), cracking start to the day the sun came up to burn off the haar then it rained, what more could you want? I have not been up to the ground but you can be sure the stags will be well at it up there. Malcolm is travelling up today and I shall see the rest of you when you get here.

John

You will be pleased to know that it is a bright suny day here, blue skies and soft clouds! But please do not worry lads the weather is suposed to take a turn for the worse tomorrow :D

John

Back