CIC Trophy Measuring - Midland Game Fair

cicuk

May I just let members know that the CIC team will be at the Midland Game Fair this weekend, hosted in the BDS Tent.

From the number of enquiries receieved it looks as if it will be a busier than usual weekend, so please get your heads in early!

We look forward to seeing you there,

TDW

Tony sadly wont be at the fair this weekend too busy with last pheasants going out
prob not a bad thing if your team is going to be that busy .
I have a couple of nice heads that i need measureing I will bring them down to you shortly
only a few miles from you will ring to make an appointment first
regards pete .

Adrian,

As below.

Best wishes,

Tony

CIC TROPHY MEASUREMENT
SCALE OF CHARGES

M
easurement, Certificates and Medal
Roe, Muntjac, CWD and Wild Boar £30.00
Red, Sika, Fallow and Goat £40.00

Measurement only
Roe, Muntjac, CWD and Wild Boar £15.00
Red, Sika, Fallow and Goat £25.00

Measurement not making medal category - no charge

And remember ladies and gentlemen that is an official International scoring done by approved CIC measurers.
Sadly the old master the late G.Kenneth Whitehead is no longer with us.

HWH.

Just found out my dog chewed, sun bleached head from last year still scored gold!!

Im chuffed to bits

Last edited:
I had a malform roe make 104 :( surely another beauty point could have been found from somewhere to make a man very happy. Oh well, it's still a beauty to me!

And if I remember rightly, stag1933 showed me a head of his that k whitehead measured and missed a medal by less than a point, which must have been harder to bear!

Novice

Aye, this was the one, a symetrical 8 pointer shot in 1963 . 104.35 CIC points.
Kenneth said that it would have been a good Bronze if I had not been so savage with the saw.
I never cut a potential medal skull again !
Let the CIC deduct the statutory 90 gramms for the uncut scull element.
HWH.
P1010027.jpg

My Bosses first ever muntjac missed Gold by 0.1 of a point, when I measured it I made it 0.2 short so I thought that it was worth having it done officially just in case my tape had shrunk a little...ever the optimist! Glyn.

Had another Herefordshire Roe that went Bronze. 108.97. It lost all the points for it's span as it went 75.1% of it's height, but still a really nice trophy.
TakeThatJune12th2011281.jpg

TakeThatJune12th2011285.jpg

Jonathon

a friend of mine had a set of boar teeth measured in Holland silver
in the bds stand by cic measurer bronze
basc Dominick griffith formally cic measurer said it was not medal class
so how does that work then if all are measured to the same formula
Dominick said come back later i will have to have a think on this one i dont do many
of these
i dont know of the outcome as haven't spoken to ross today there is certainly something wrong with the system as three different cic judges get three different scores

a friend of mine had a set of boar teeth measured in Holland silver
in the bds stand by cic measurer bronze
basc Dominick griffith formally cic measurer said it was not medal class
so how does that work then if all are measured to the same formula
Dominick said come back later i will have to have a think on this one i dont do many
of these
i dont know of the outcome as haven't spoken to ross today there is certainly something wrong with the system as three different cic judges get three different scores

In the end Dominic did give it a bronze, but he freely admitted he does not have any experience doing them!!!

Like you said Muddy, he initially said these are no way near a medal which was laughable as they had already been scored a very high bronze. It was only when I said they had already been measured as a bronze that he agreed to re measure them :rolleyes:

Tony Dalby-Welsh however was very precise and knew exactly the correct method of measuring them, he double and triple checked all measurements. I am confident they were correctly scored. Hats off to you Tony. :tiphat:

CIC measured them at 113.8
BASC measured them at 111.85

Incidentally 115 points is a silver, so not far off.

TusksandSkin001.jpg

Cheers

Ross

Ross, I believe i may have been stood next to you when you came to pick up your tusks. He mentioned afterwards that there had been a misprint on the forms he was relying on, which caused some confusion?

I admit that I had Dominic have a look at my head after it had been scored in the bds tent, purely out of interest. While he scored it slightly lower, there was some variation in the points scored in most categories.

Novice

A fine looking trophy Ross regardless of the scoring. I would love something similar, I have a space already allocated on the wall in the lounge for such a trophy. Perhaps one day.

A fine looking trophy Ross regardless of the scoring. I would love something similar, I have a space already allocated on the wall in the lounge for such a trophy. Perhaps one day.

Cheers 8x57

With hindsight, I should have saved the cape and had a shoulder mount as I am sure it will be a boar of a lifetime for me. Bear in mind this was only the second boar I have shot. I also did get the skin done.

TusksandSkin005.jpg

Does anyone think you could use the skin I have got to make a shoulder mount?

Cheers

Ross

Cheers

Ross

Back