Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brno fox mod 22 hornet set trigger query

Brno fox mod 22 hornet set trigger query

hi guys does any on have any info on the set trigger as iam having problems the set trigger is to light and if i use the normal trigger its to heavy is there a way of adjusting or is there another trigger available

cheers

Yes you can adjust,if it is single trigger be aware that if you adjust main trigger too far you lose the use of set trigger,yes other triggers are available.
    Politicians are like nappies,they should be changed frequently and for the same reason.

Only manual I could find, http://stevespages.com/pdf/brno_zkb680.pdf
    It does at least say it is adjustable, but only from 0 to 1lb, I assume by the one visible screw

Neil.

I have just stripped and adjusted mine.

quite simple but a good clean and oil of parts is essential.

take the trigger unit out and pull it all apart. small screw driver will suffice for the pins.
    Large one for the main spring retaining screw.

IMO The single stage spring pressure can be adjusted with some judicious use of thin washers to raise the seating point of the main spring from the trigger group chassis.
    It would be possible to bend the spring to remove some of its tension but that could damage it and shorten its life.

The two stage set trigger can be adjusted to a decent pull but still light without being dangerous.

You can also unset it by pulling the rear trigger fully and holding with your second finger and touching the front trigger off while you slowly release the rear trigger back to single stage position (obviously practice this with an empty rifle!)

the main screw is at the middle of this pic and is not adjustable but a very thin spacer would reduce single stage pressure without reducing double set function pressure

The small screw between the triggers adjusts the let off when set.
    A good way of cleaning trigger mechs is by using 2 stroke fuel. It penetrates and cleans and the residual oil after the fuel has evaporated is enough to lube the mech.

one thing that cleaning doesnt acheive is the removal of the rough surfaces on the contact side of the trigger blades and the inside of the trigger housing.
    causes significant resistance and makes the trigger feel stiffer

I got rid of my Fox .222 because no matter how I balanced the two triggers the pull was unsatisfactory for a varmint/vermin rifle. I either had a long reach to a mediocre single pull or a somewhat slushy set. I played with it for a few months trying to tell myself that this was the rifle I'd pined over since I was 12 years old. In the end, I sold it at a profit. Classic rifle, crappy trigger arrangment. A good single stage trigger would have kept it in my gun room.~Muir

Muir,

did you mean gun-warehouse? LOL...one day you must furnish the forum with pictures of your arsenal.

ps. if anyone reading this has a spare brno/cz zkk 600 original blade trigger available please let me know.
    Last edited by PKL; 16-09-2012 at 11:45.

Quote Originally Posted by yozzer1982 View Post
    hi guys does any on have any info on the set trigger as iam having problems the set trigger is to light and if i use the normal trigger its to heavy is there a way of adjusting or is there another trigger available

cheers
    Read the CZ 527 Manual online - page 23.

Most makers post these on their websites now, so it's usually best to make the Internet your first call.

http://shootingsports.edgarbrothers....-American.aspx
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.