Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: muntjac in wiltshire,

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

muntjac in wiltshire,

Hi All.

anyone up around marlborough/swindon area seen many munty about,

I was on one of my shoots recently and seen a cracking Munty doe and in fine shape she was too, i have not taken any of the land as this is the first time i have seen then on there,

what im asking are there many about in the areas mentioned above,

thank you

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Savernake Forest is festooned with them. Woody

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodystalks View Post
    Savernake Forest is festooned with them. Woody
    cheers woody this location is about 1/2 way from the forest to swindon,

nice to know now all i need to do is get cracking on them,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

hi bobjs
    we have shot lots of ground from wooton basset up to fairford and have always found muntjac for at least the last 8 years
    regards andy

A Munti skull was found on the airfield at Boscombe down by one of the guys last year, bearing in mind there is a security fence all the way round I am not sure how it got there, though I have heard of them being seen near the ranges at porton Down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    A Munti skull was found on the airfield at Boscombe down by one of the guys last year, bearing in mind there is a security fence all the way round I am not sure how it got there, though I have heard of them being seen near the ranges at porton Down.
    i used to work there and never seen any on the field (inside the wire but it makes you wonder ?

Quote Originally Posted by cwd View Post
    hi bobjs
    we have shot lots of ground from wooton basset up to fairford and have always found muntjac for at least the last 8 years
    regards andy

thanks Andy.

i have them on a local shoot but i have never seen them (until the other night on the shoot mentioned),

i think i need to look harder when im out, maybe just to focused on the bigger boys.

bob.

Bob, saw my 1st one near Chippenham in about 1985. Very well established around here now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    Bob, saw my 1st one near Chippenham in about 1985. Very well established around here now.
    hi bud.

seen another 2 last night on the way to drop off the farmers radio's i have fixed for him and they where as bold as brass on the main route past the yard, they never hang about long when i got the headlights on them, not be long now before i get the cross-hair on them.

bob.

I have a nice piece of ground just outside Chippenham - it is alive with them, so were the pheasant shoots I used to pick up on between Calne and Lyneham. Plenty in Wilts!

Mike

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrens Mews View Post
    I have a nice piece of ground just outside Chippenham - it is alive with them, so were the pheasant shoots I used to pick up on between Calne and Lyneham. Plenty in Wilts!

Mike
    thank you mike.

My local shoot has a couple from time to time, so its nice to be able to find somewhere that has a few more, i bit tough on the skinning front (never get it right) but i love their meat as does my neighbour,

nice to know,

bob.