Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spellchecker

Account Suspended

Spellchecker

How highly hilarious! Or is it just coincidence?

I got pulled up on a spelling error earlier today, actually it was a repeat key problem... as it happens (and not even a glimmer of smile).... for the first time in over two years membership of the site?

Then I sign on this evening and lo! the website is offering a spellchecker upgrade.... One has to assume spelling must be cause for concern... though I always thought such punctiliousness was considered bad form on forums.

Anyways, I've decided to download the "Major Geeks" option. So, I hereby expect to go bravely forward correctly and precisely spelingl the tattily wrang wards entertainly.
    Last edited by Tamus; 16-09-2012 at 07:34. Reason: edited correct plural neuter nominative/accusative to very common and currently popular idiom

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    actually it was a repeat key problem....

I most cases if one " has the Jist of it " would it really make a difference Tamus !

On the other hand Specksavers may just hold the answer your looking for.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I most cases if one " has the Jist of it " would it really make a difference Tamus !

On the other hand Specksavers may just hold the answer your looking for.
    Yep spec savers could be the answer

Well I use an iPad 3 for most of my browsing it has this auto correct feature that throws up some stupid words sometimes, it doesn't really bother me about spelling and grammar on forums if every word was spelt wrong then it my become a tad annoying, but apart from that im not bothered but there are those who have dyslexia and the like so it's not always individuals faults sometimes and I would not be quick to judge others, don't get me started on text speak now that is annoying.....

Will it also correct annoying grammatical errors too? My pet hates are the use of 'YOUR' instead of YOU ARE or YOU'RE TO instead of TOO, THERE when it should read THEY'RE or THEIR, WERE when it should read WE'RE or WE ARE. Now they're not dyslexia based errors are they?

'brought' instead of 'bought', that really annoys me, to the point that I won't buy a bargain on eBay if it says 'brought' in the listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabz View Post
    'brought' instead of 'bought', that really annoys me, to the point that I won't buy a bargain on eBay if it says 'brought' in the listing.
    Excellent, it's not just me then!

I find it rather ironic that on American fora, the standard of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling, is usually far superior to that found on any British equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    Will it also correct annoying grammatical errors too? My pet hates are the use of 'YOUR' instead of YOU ARE or YOU'RE TO instead of TOO, THERE when it should read THEY'RE or THEIR, WERE when it should read WE'RE or WE ARE. Now they're not dyslexia based errors are they?
    Well I do not think it can do that I wish it could, as English is not my first language I feel I have a bit of an excuse but I'm learning as time go bye so please forgive my errors I'm working on it......