Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highseat security/preventing unauthorised use...?

Highseat security/preventing unauthorised use...?

I suspect, (call it gut instinct) that someone is making use of my high seats, there are neighbouring stalkers, some regular visitors from overseas and others from this fair isle who I know have been caught out on my patch in the past. Now, I'm really not pointing fingers, I have no evidence, although I was somewhat suprised that the cammo netting around one of the seats smelt of womens perfume yesterday! Clearly I doubt this was from any stalkers, but never the less, I want to stop people being able to climb up and or make use of the seats.
    They are standard galv steel lean to types and one has legs to make it free standing, any ideas from folk with similar experience would be appreciated, I'm guessing securing something like a plank onto the ladder would suffice, but what does everybody else do?

Two bits of ply covering the rungs with a space for a hasp and stapple.

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	esb202.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	19213
    Agreed hide it and connect when you leave.

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	19214
    Better barbarity than boredom

There is a company I found on net and YouTube I think it's called outdoorproducts. They make tree stands/high seats with detachable ladders so you leave platform and take ladder away.
    Tree Stands, Hunting, Hunters Elite System, Outdoor Life Products Stands with Nature
    have a look at these.

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford bull View Post

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	19214

HaHa

Even better!

Seriously though can't you just make a spike that padlocks in the middle of the seat
    Last edited by PointBlank; 15-09-2012 at 20:40. Reason: spelling

Plant a trail camera in front of the highest to catch them on it and with a firearm which is a straight section 20 of the firearms act 1968. (trespass with a firearm). Best way to get them pal.

Some trail cameras infa red illumination and or the sensor do emit a glow, so loose a camera and get poached would be doubly upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    I suspect, (call it gut instinct) that someone is making use of my high seats, there are neighbouring stalkers, some regular visitors from overseas and others from this fair isle who I know have been caught out on my patch in the past. Now, I'm really not pointing fingers, I have no evidence, although I was somewhat suprised that the cammo netting around one of the seats smelt of womens perfume yesterday! Clearly I doubt this was from any stalkers, but never the less, I want to stop people being able to climb up and or make use of the seats.
    They are standard galv steel lean to types and one has legs to make it free standing, any ideas from folk with similar experience would be appreciated, I'm guessing securing something like a plank onto the ladder would suffice, but what does everybody else do?

Cut ply wood strips the inside size of the ladder rungs bend a large bolt into a hook for the top to sit over a rung ,on the bottom you can use a long shackle padlock to go round a rung ,easiest is to drill a hole in the rung put a bolt through it and drill a hole for a padlock in it .

You should get 3 x 8'(2440mm) 16"(400mm) wide strips out of a sheet of 3/4 ,18mm wbp ply wood .

You can get screwed rod hooks form garage roofing suppliers, there used for concrete sheeting roofs .

Then use a stencil to write keep off down the front of it .