Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about DSC 1 assesment

Question about DSC 1 assesment

I am currently revising for my DSC level 1, and I am using the BDS Ultimate Deer Data CD. In there, they have divided the questions into categories, for example law England and Wales, law Scotland, law Northern Ireland . I am revising for England, Scotland and Wales, as this is where I will be stalking, but my question is, will I need to revise for the law in Northern Ireland, despite I am taking the assessment in England? I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, I have not found the answer. Thanks!

No , but it doesn't do any harm to gain the knowledge, good luck with your DSC1.atb Tim

Thanks guys. As I said, I am revising for England, Wales and Scotland, but I have no intention to stalk in Northern Ireland. So the questions in the assessment will only be about England and Wales then?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyxologos View Post
    Thanks guys. As I said, I am revising for England, Wales and Scotland, but I have no intention to stalk in Northern Ireland. So the questions in the assessment will only be about England and Wales then?
    Primarily yes, but no harm in learning the Scottish stuff, just in case. atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Primarily yes, but no harm in learning the Scottish stuff, just in case. atb Tim
    Oh, I HAVE to learn the Scottish stuff. This is where my stalking takes place!

when I did mine the multiple choice part did include questions on the seasons and legal side etc of Scottish as well as English and I seem to remember a Northern Ireland question as well, so AFAIK you have to learn the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by al4x1 View Post
    when I did mine the multiple choice part did include questions on the seasons and legal side etc of Scottish as well as English and I seem to remember a Northern Ireland question as well, so AFAIK you have to learn the lot.
    Oh, OK. Now I am confused. I guess I will have to clarify this with them in advance. I did thought though that it is region related what sort of questions you get...

Oh, OK. Now I am confused. I guess I will have to clarify this with them in advance. I did thought though that it is region related what sort of questions you get...
    Hi PSYX,

There are no questions on Northern Ireland for the DSC1. Scottish, English/Wales only.

Good luck and best regards.

Jon.

For guided Roe deer stalking,. BASC accredited trainer for DSC1 and 2. BASC accredited training centre with courses held regularly.
    www.greenleedeer.co.uk

nope I would guess its in case you go shooting elsewhere, but there are questions on the different caliber and energy of deer rifles between the areas, questions on the deer season differences. If you've got the manual then it has all the questions you could be asked listed, or the best way I found was join the Jelen online revision thingumy which means you can test yourself and get it marked in dummy tests. Spend enough time on it and you will have no problems at all.