What price for shooting Grouse

I think the old adage applies here: "if you have to ask you cant afford it"!

depends entirely on where you go and what you want to do
£40-£160 per brace if you search through guns on pegs you will get a better idea

Thanks Brewsher, the reason I ask is curiosity, as I have just returned from a week walking up as a guest with my HWVs..I couldnt agree more with the old adage.
Wf1

Wildfowler 1, lucky you being able to take part in a walked up day or two...... I have two HWVs and have always wanted to see how the breed fair in such an enviroment. If you don't mind me asking how did you get the chance to do it?

I belive I saw in Fieldsport quaterly magazine, they were advertising for driven grouse on the 13th August this year for upwards of £15,000 in advance.... Not sure how big the days were but it made me look a few times and check I wasnt going mad!!

£80 a brace for walked up, £150 a brace for driven (plus vat). Pointers, additional £150 - £200 a day.

To be honest, the price hasn't shifted much in the last few years, fuel has! So estates are taking a wee bit of a hit on the price. Plenty folk are paying £35 + vat for a scabby pheasant!

Its not cheap and bambislayers nailed the prices,(althou an est i was on was 90 pointed+handler fee, 120 walked and 150 driven) althou it is amazing how cheap it can be if u are lucky and know someone and are not too fussy.
I was surprised how dear per gun it works out for pointed grouse (say a 10 brace day) with the handlers fee and because prob only 4 guns to split the cost. I thought i could 1 day afford it but still to deep for my wallet i'm affraid, but i wouldnae grudge the estates it either as very few if any scottish estates will break even never mind a profit on the grouse even on a good year never mind this year.

If u are keen on splashing out and treating urself to a driven day now would be the ideal time to phone some of the NE estates, not been a great season compared to last but could still be some compartive bargins about, althou still not cheap. Last season quite a few where offering 100-150 brace driven days with no bag limits, a good team off guns and loaders were taking off 300-350+ brace if things went well. Dunno if allowed but u all could half gun it and take turns at loading for each other so splitting cost 16/20 ways instead off 8/10 would make the day a lot more affordable, as well as having benefit off double gunning the big packs at this time off year.

Back