Thread: Random for the worst

Random for the worst

Hello All,

I was talking to someone the other day and someone they know has suffered from a stroke, This got me thinking apart from my wife knowing where the ground is I have nothing in place incase something out of my control happend e.g. heart attack/ stroke I do carry my phone but would you really be able to phone the emergengy services? And if the worst happend and someone found you what would the impications be for the family if your gun/rifle was taken?

As I said random.

What do you do have in place when out enjoying the sport?

ATB

Daz

Nothing mate you take your chance, have had two heart attacks you either carry on as much as you are able for, or you sit and wait for the big one to finish you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz2381 View Post
    Hello All,

I was talking to someone the other day and someone they know has suffered from a stroke, This got me thinking apart from my wife knowing where the ground is I have nothing in place incase something out of my control happend e.g. heart attack/ stroke I do carry my phone but would you really be able to phone the emergengy services? And if the worst happend and someone found you what would the impications be for the family if your gun/rifle was taken?

As I said random.

What do you do have in place when out enjoying the sport?

ATB

Daz
    Well apart from telling people when I'm out roughly where I'm going and what time I'll be back I also have an app on my iPhone called Bsafe which if I press it sends a message to people to let them no my location on google maps and I'm in need of help, when I'm out on the marsh that's a different story got flares,gps,phones the lot when your stuck out on the foreshore in subzero temps it makes you think about your safety well it did when I got stuck out there anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by Daz2381 View Post
    Hello All,

And if the worst happend and someone found you what would the impications be for the family if your gun/rifle was taken?

Daz
    At the age of 22 my cousin's eldest lad died a few weeks ago of a hemorrage on the brain.
    When something like that stikes no amount of safety kit is going to help if you're out in the wilds.
    As for any gun gear - well that belongs to you and your family can't be blamed for any theft thereof

Atb

Ed

SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger

A fantastic tool, and the best chance of survival for a lone worker.

Stalk with a buddy? Make sure he or she is younger than you and they can do all the heavy lifting - which further reduces the chances of a heart attack.

Just make sure you train them well, because some numpty is bound to shoot big fallow as far away from the road as they possibly can ......