Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gongs, surplus to requirement

Gongs, surplus to requirement

I have a few gongs left over from an order placed for a recent competition.
    They are 10mm hardox 400 and can withstand many many centrefire hits so long as they are hung a good 100yds away and mounted facing slightly down to disperse the energy.
    I am looking for 20 each for the 200mm (8") round with two mounting holes.
    16 for the 150mm two holes
    and 12 for the one hole 100mm squares.
    I am in central Wiltshire and recommend collection only as they are ferkin heavy!
    I can take them to Bisley as I shoot there fairly regularly.
    Rup
    Last edited by Oaken; 19-09-2012 at 12:12.

All the 150's are now sold.
    3 x 200's left and a couple of 100's
    I may order more if there is enough interest and if you want to pay for it, the postage can be arranged too

Quote Originally Posted by Oaken View Post
    All the 150's are now sold.
    3 x 200's left and a couple of 100's
    I may order more if there is enough interest and if you want to pay for it, the postage can be arranged too
    Would like a 9" rather than 200mm if available...

Only 200mm and 100mm left
    Initial post corrected.

Not sure what Hardox 400 is but the 400 Brinel steel targets I have used at 100m have plenty of holes in them, 500 Brinel is the only steel I now use.
    Come and visit us for a Blaser or Mauser fitting, get the right rifle for your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by j0e_bl0ggs View Post
    Would like a 9" rather than 200mm if available...
    Get a 200mm - put it a bit closer?
    Last edited by Apache; 19-09-2012 at 21:34.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Why worry about 1.15 inches? Thats what I tell the mrs anyway
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by HME View Post
    Not sure what Hardox 400 is........
    That explains a lot......
    I have already furnished you with a link to a supplier of what you are looking for.
    Hardox is a tradename, brinel is a scale of hardness.
    If you are shooting holes in 400 material of a sensible thickness, then I would suggest you are either not mounting it correctly, shooting it with more energy than it can stand ie too close for the round or simply expecting it to last longer than is reasonable. Given your name on here........ ie HME (=high muzzle energy)
    500 material is harder, will last longer and is considerably more expensive.
    In fact i see you are running a commercial range and would have expected you to have done a modicum of research given the very large animal shaped requirements at Corinium.

These 400 brinel steel gongs are cheap and if used as suggested will withstand many, many hundreds of centrefire impacts.

Only 200s (8") left now.
    Rup
    Last edited by Oaken; 23-09-2012 at 09:41. Reason: Added HME

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Get a 200mm - put it a bit closer?

Quote Originally Posted by Oaken View Post
    That explains a lot......
    I have already furnished you with a link to a supplier of what you are looking for.
    Hardox is a tradename, brinel is a scale of hardness.
    If you are shooting holes in 400 material of a sensible thickness, then I would suggest you are either not mounting it correctly, shooting it with more energy than it can stand ie too close for the round or simply expecting it to last longer than is reasonable. Given your name on here.........
    500 material is harder, will last longer and is considerably more expensive.
    In fact i see you are running a commercial range and would have expected you to have done a modicum of research given your very large animal shaped requirements.

These 400 brinel steel gongs are cheap and if used as suggested will withstand many, many hundreds of centrefire impacts.

Only 200s (8") left now.
    Rup
    I have done extensive research on steel hardness and the link you supplied was at best amateur, I have stated that 400 is not hard enough for anything but the occasional shooter, I run a commercial range and need harder steel as I pointed out in my post. Your replies to my PM's were arrogant and unhelpful. If you wish to off load inferior hardness steel targets you should indicate what they can withstand, I can supply photos of 400 brinel steel with holes in. I prefer to rely on experience and actual facts rather than armchair claims. If you wish I can publish your unhelpful replies to my pm's. The products you are advertising are suitable for occasional shooters only, I PM's you with a genuine enquiry which you replied to with some disdain. Good luck with your sales, I shall buy the quality I need elsewhere.
    Come and visit us for a Blaser or Mauser fitting, get the right rifle for your needs.