Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stalking Jackets!!

Stalking Jackets!!

Hi all, I know this has been done before but I really want to bring up the subject again.

Im after a winter stalking jacket which is fairly lightwieght, good quality and not camo (I have an issue with the stuff). Im looknig to spend around 150 to 180, but still want the jacket to last. Im really not sure where to look so if anyone has any helpful advise on where to look and what to look at, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys!!
    Aim Small, Miss Small

Quote Originally Posted by charlieg43 View Post
    Hi all, I know this has been done before but I really want to bring up the subject again.

Im after a winter stalking jacket which is fairly lightwieght, good quality and not camo (I have an issue with the stuff). Im looknig to spend around 150 to 180, but still want the jacket to last. Im really not sure where to look so if anyone has any helpful advise on where to look and what to look at, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys!!
    ive just bought a stoney creek long bushcoat from bushwear. I like this jacket alot however I had to order the biggest size as Im a wee short far dude but it didnt take long at all. It is a light weight storm proof smock which will require a decent mid layer to be worn in a cold day or for up a high seat. To compliment it I got the long bush shirt which is basicly a fleece smock, this keeps the wind out itself kept me dry walking through 6' high xmas trees on a horrible damp day. Only thing I may do next time whenever that is. Is to buy the Tarn jacket as it has more pockets.

Nutty

Hi i have just bought a Deerhunter Montana jacket, the fleece and deertex lining are removable so can be used summer and winter it is dark green and silent, Cheers Geoff

I'm quite keen on the Deerhunter Ram Jacket although I've not actually tried one. I think they look good/functional and won't scare the DPM fearing public... They won't break the bank either...

I just got a Swazi Tahr smock, took a couple of weeks to arrive from NZ. Including import duty and delivery approx 260.

They are built to last and are very durable.

Highly recommended.

http://www.swazi.co.nz/Online-Shop/W...r/Tahr-Anorak/

Regards

BP

Wow Ben P, only 260 including imports?? Thats pretty mental, I have a stalking mate who raves about them too, might ask for it as a Chrimbo present! I looked at the price online and sorta forgot NZ dollars are not the same as US.... so makes a bit more sense now!! Stig and Geoffrey, Deerhunters do look good too, I dont want to spend too much on a jacket so they do look good also. Where would the best place be to get them from?
    Aim Small, Miss Small

Have you considered Loden clothing as it is super quiet and plain geen coloured check out germany fleabay for the styles on offer.
    I paid 140 euros = ca.125 pounds and it will last me out.
    Martin

I have a loden stalking jacket bought about 20the years ago now. Still very warm wind and waterproof. It is getting a bit tatty now and am also looking for a replacement. What about Ridgeline stuff, anygood?

I consider doing the next thing :
    - http://www.countrycovers.co.uk/produ...ock-waterproof
    As a top waterproof layer

- http://www.ardmoor.co.uk/products/3-...hooting-Jacket
    - http://www.montane.co.uk/products/me...treme-smock/99
    One of these when it doesn't rain or under the waterproof smoclk when the weather is bad.

I don't like that bulky overdressed feeling, so the fleece with a rainshield should be perfect. I hope .

Try Loden Frey in Munich they are a large department store and do make their own garments with a website, then also try Frankonia jagd website for any offers on end of line.
    Or come on over for the Oktoberfest this month via easyjet gatwick to Munich and I will show you around the stores myself but only on friday afternoons as I must pass through Munich railway station each Friday afternoon and it is is located only 500metres from the Oktoberfest ground.
    Who needs a better excuse for a pi**up
    Martin