Thread: rucksack style rifle sling- balance issue

rucksack style rifle sling- balance issue

Hi all

I purchased a niggeloch rucksack style sling

I have a bipod and mod fitted to the rifle.

I find that with the sling fitted and rifle slung the barrel does tilt heavily to the right...and hence anyone on your right!

I wonder if any others use this sling and have any advice...eg I cant work out what the short strap that can go round the pistol grip of the rifle actually does either.

Thanks in advance.

Col

If you are using a harris bipod, try using the sling stud on the front of the bipod rather than the one under where it attaches to the rifle.

BUt be warned, its no more comfortable, i've had the bruises to prove it where the bipod slowly but surely grows teeth and then eats in between your shoulder blades.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd View Post
    If you are using a harris bipod, try using the sling stud on the front of the bipod rather than the one under where it attaches to the rifle.

BUt be warned, its no more comfortable, i've had the bruises to prove it where the bipod slowly but surely grows teeth and then eats in between your shoulder blades.
    Thanks for your help Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by trimix View Post
    Hi all

I purchased a niggeloch rucksack style sling

I have a bipod and mod fitted to the rifle.

I find that with the sling fitted and rifle slung the barrel does tilt heavily to the right...and hence anyone on your right!

I wonder if any others use this sling and have any advice...eg I cant work out what the short strap that can go round the pistol grip of the rifle actually does either.

Thanks in advance.

Col
    that is your problem.
    no sling will sort this balance issue out unless you change the point of attachment

I got rid of mine due to the problem your having and also the bolt knob constantly digging into the middle if my back.

Nutty

SD Regular
    The short strap to fit round the pistol grip is to stop the rifle swinging freely across your back and wacking you. Properly attached it will align the rifle more with the strap it is attached to - so make sure the bolt is facing out! The other thing this will do is make the rifle more upright. You can make a further adjustment by having one strap shorter/tighter on your shoulder which will again stop the rifle slapping about as well. While I can get mine fairly vertical, I do wonder whether it is designed to have the rifle on a cant anyway. With straps properly adjusted, it is a very comfortable tool to use for long walks with a rifle.

HTH

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I have got one & think it is a great bit of kit. However, I have put sling swivel studs into the side of the stock and forend so that I can carry it flat against my back. Hope this helps.

Good news chaps..tried that idea and it worked.

Also the small strap when wrapped around the but seems to make the rifle sit more comfortably against your back.

Thanks for your great help.

Good to hear. My old 1 didnt have the small strap for the pistol grip.

Nutty

If used in the correct way they are a great piece of kit, I think many people make the same mistake I certainly did as have others....