My dilema about my 2.2 or 1.7

big cat

Hi guys well here it is,i've applied for a variation to get a 308 after a little bit of banter from some of my mates:-|. So one of my other rifle must go to make way for it. i have a 2.2 CZ with black stock and moderator plus scope,also a 1.7 hmr CZ american with moderator and simmons scope. So which one should i get rid of and how much for ,both guns are in very good condition and would be looking to get rid of all at once instead of spliting, so help me out

what has a 308 got to do with 22lr or 17 hmr are you for real
YES I'M FOR REAL.it was a simple question but it seems that its to hard for you.the reason i ask was my gun safe only hold 4 guns and already have 4 so i'm not going to spend any more money on safes just to get another rifle and very seldom use any of these now

its bad days when some people on forum are more interested in finding fault with treads rather then putting in some sensible input into it.PS point taken about title but though i was on a stalking forum and thanks for sensible input

the .17 has reach and whether 'quiet' or not the thump of a strike scares bunnies. I'd be in two minds either way though, it's a tough choice but price wise look at the new price and go 2/3'rds. Think about the extras on the rifle though and take that into account too.

Glad you saw the light...

Id be keeping the hmr. but then most of my shooting is 100 yards. I have a .22 and not getting the use out of it, which is jollly annoying.
It just depends on the land you shoot over as to which you are most likely to use.

Which do you use more out of the .22 and .17? - theres your answer!

I love my .17 but I definitely use my .22 more so would hang into it if I had to choose... Though personally I'd just get another safe... A used one will cost u as little as £40!

Trade in the .22lr & the .17hmr and then buy a Sako Quad with two barrels. That's what I have. I've had the 22 barrel on for most of the summer and decided on a change last Sunday, put the 17hmr barrel on and was back on zero @ 100m with 3-4 shots. I have two scopes with quick attach mounts and a weaver rail fitted on the rifle, 5 minutes and the change is complete.

And whichever barrel isn't in use gets oiled over and sits at the back of the cabinet taking up no room at all until I fancy another change :D

It's a difficult one, the longer range of the 17 can be handy, but it's also hard to beat quiet and cheap to shoot.
Personally I have never missed my 17, but I have a .22 hornet as a replacement, that said my .22lr is now getting a bit more use.
But in your place I think if one had to go, it would be the 17, I think.............
(I reckon you should just squeeze a 5th rifle in the safe if at all possible)

Neil. :)

stick with hmr, i,ve never had a 22 and doubt i ever would, but thats due to my ground.
stav

its bad days when some people on forum are more interested in finding fault with treads rather then putting in some sensible input into it.PS point taken about title but though i was on a stalking forum and thanks for sensible input

It might have helped if you had put the information in post #3 in post #1 ;)

Back