Thread: Taxidermy - Deer Mounts

Taxidermy - Deer Mounts

I thuoght that it might be interesting to take a look at the mounts that you have all had done of your trophys and who they were done by.
    I have only had the one Red mounted as it was very special and I am pleased that I had him done. He was mounted by Paul at Winston Churchills place at Dunoon and I think that he did a superb job.

nice one
    there will be days you will look at that head and sit back while downing a few reliving it to the max
    o what thoughts

Yes, I love him and even the wife has warmed to him too. He is above the stairs and the house would seem empty without him.
    Paul is a talented chap, he has made him seem alive still.

Hi Andy
    Nice stag you got there. I've added a couple of photos of some of my mounts done by a taxidermist in Dorset called Paul Taylor a very talented and nice chap.
    I know trophy's are not everybody's thing and I'm not a big collector, but I try to carefully manage most of the ground I have access to, so if I can have a representative head of each UK species with some good memories by the end of my stalking days I feel I've earned them.
    The Roe in the picture is the first six pointer I ever shot and also the first Roe I ever shot on my ground in Worcestershire not the biggest I've ever shot but very special to me. The roe skulls in the window by the stag are the first Roebuck I ever shot and the first in Gloucestershire more important to me than a huge trophy with no good memories.

Wayne

Wayne,
    He has done a brilliant job of those. The CWD is fantastic.
    As you say, I also am not huge on trophies but when they are special and have memories, then I think it is worth the effort

Hi all.
    I`ve only had one done professionally in my lifetime and that is the Muntjac in the left hand corner.
    It was done by Andy Denson of Darwen who seems to make a good job of various species.
    All the others I have done myself including the shields.

Stag.

You need a lot of wall for that lot .

Nice looking muntie, where was it taken?

Hi MN.
    All my walls are cluttered up now but I can look at them and re-live the experiences and remember the days when my old eyes were perfect and my Rutter was working.
    It is better to be an old has-been than a never will-be.
    The Munty was shot at Thetford and was my best, most others I shot there were `nestlings`.

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933
    Hi MN.
    All my walls are cluttered up now but I can look at them and re-live the experiences and remember the days when my old eyes were perfect and my Rutter was working.

HWH.
    Every one on the wall tell a story, l live quite near to Thetford l dont stalk there but l do stalk faily close to it, when ever l drive through it l hardly ever fail not to see munties or other species whatever time of day.