Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Midland game fair Porr services for the trade

Midland game fair Porr services for the trade

As usual I made the annual trip to the MGF, how it has changed from the early days when the rough shooting club of which I was a member ran the gun dog scury.

Anyway first point of call was Norman Clarkes for some .223 bullets. No problem, issue was trying to pay with them with a card. Despite having about half a dozeen card machnies the signal was so poor that it took ages for a payment to go through if you were lucky. It was so frustrating for customers and alike. Similar thing happened to me on several othe stands. It also appeared that in general mobile signal was terrible making it all but impossible to meet up with friends etc.

Looking at what it costs the traders and the cost of tickets you would have thought they would be arrangements in place to provide a mobile base station that appears to be pretty standard at other shows/CLA.

Looks like the MGF will go the same way as others another cash cow to be stripped of its assets.

I heard many unsolicted complaints about the event organisers and their complete indifference to the trade and paying public.

Also to the chance to look at the top end scopes quite impresive, but 2k for a Swarvi is pushing it. Couldn't help to notice that on this stand the rep I spoke to was wearing a rather nice Rolex, obviously they pay well, I wonder how!!

D

We got in there before 9am to find all the hand gel dispensers empty outside the toilets, and like yourself i couldnt pay with my card. talking to a mate last night who went for the first time he said he wasnt impressed and he wouldnt rush back. As you say the MGF need to get there act together before its too late.
    Also i think the security is a joke, a trader told us 20,000 of guns were nicked friday night, another 2 of another stand and we heard of cars broken into on the car park.

Had same trouble with Norman Clark they had to phone thier shop to take payment,everyone had trouble it was a lottery if pyment went through or not.A trader at the bottom of gunmakers row had arange finder nicked problems getting worse going to spoile a once very good show.Dave

We watched a group of caravan club members using a distraction technique where the girls keep the sales assistant busy with "have you got this in a size 12? and what about the pink one's... are these the same price?" while the lads help themselves to a nice barbour Jacket
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    We watched a group of caravan club members using a distraction technique where the girls keep the sales assistant busy with "have you got this in a size 12? and what about the pink one's... are these the same price?" while the lads help themselves to a nice barbour Jacket
    Two things Si - what do you mean by "caravan club members" and secondly you watched this theft but did you actually try and stop it?

Ed

think it translates into "pikey". I would hope he pointed the offence out to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    think it translates into "pikey". I would hope he pointed the offence out to someone.
    Hope so too - as I'm a Caravan Club member and don't want flak coming my way!

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    I believe the correct term is Caravan Utilising Nomadic Tribe, some people prefer to use the acronym though
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

How can a trader allow guns to be stolen? Surely somebody would have to be monitoring them at all times?
    Anybody know anymore details about this, or in fact what was stolen?

Leej,

By any chance do you read the Sun as well as SD?

Stan