Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: just my luck

  1. #1

    just my luck

    well i,m off on the sd week stalking up scotland with sikamalc and co, so thought i,d be go to carlton moor range just too check zero, also took my 22/250 with me which i,d bought in feb and not put a bullet through it as i,d been savin g for a good scope.
    so on arrival mike fitted me the zeisis 6x24x56 too the 22/250 and we zerod it in, all good.
    i then got the 270 out just to try some new ammo and check zero for the week up scotland only to find scope was coming lose between the eye piece and were it joins tube, was well hacked off.
    so we have taken the the sope of the 22/250 and put it on the 270 for the scotland trip, it's a bit bulky but it's dam good glass, anyhow zerod in and roll on sunday. meopta on it's way back too them in morning!!!!!!!!!!!
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by stav View Post
    well i,m off on the sd week stalking up scotland with sikamalc and co, so thought i,d be go to carlton moor range just too check zero, also took my 22/250 with me which i,d bought in feb and not put a bullet through it as i,d been savin g for a good scope.
    so on arrival mike fitted me the zeisis 6x24x56 too the 22/250 and we zerod it in, all good.
    i then got the 270 out just to try some new ammo and check zero for the week up scotland only to find scope was coming lose between the eye piece and were it joins tube, was well hacked off.
    so we have taken the the sope of the 22/250 and put it on the 270 for the scotland trip, it's a bit bulky but it's dam good glass, anyhow zerod in and roll on sunday. meopta on it's way back too them in morning!!!!!!!!!!!
    stav

    Better finding out at home rather than up the road.

    Nutty

  3. #3
    yeah thats what we said. was a good job i got a spare day today otherwise it would have been discovered up north.
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by stav View Post
    yeah thats what we said. was a good job i got a spare day today otherwise it would have been discovered up north.
    stav
    In saying that mate you would of had a good reason to go to Macleods and treat yourself..


    Nutty

  5. #5
    what is the sd week where is it and whts the cost..???

  6. #6
    it's at the top of page 2 of stalking avalible under 5 days stalking for 400
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nuttyspaniel View Post
    In saying that mate you would of had a good reason to go to Macleods and treat yourself..


    Nutty
    Thats what i was thinking!

    GGlad you got it sorted now Stav...wouldn't want you having any (real) excuses when your up there!

    See you Sunday

    Jim

  8. #8
    looking forward too it daft dog, i,ll leave excuses to jonny 270 lol. see ya sunday.
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

  9. #9
    dont get lost, have fun.

Similar Threads

  1. just my luck
    By tolley in forum Articles & Write Ups
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 15:46
  2. with a little luck !
    By leec6.5 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 09:01
  3. bad luck turned to good luck
    By Pippa in forum Articles & Write Ups
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 23:15
  4. If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck!!!!
    By Stringer in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 13:21
  5. Wish me luck
    By Frax in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 22:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •