Thread: 8x56 on cz.223

8x56 on cz.223

has anyone here tried an 8x56 on a cz527 .223? just curious if the stock lacks cheek weld to support the higher line of sight compared to a 6x42 in low mounts. and I REALLY don't want to add any 'cheek weld products/pillows, etc.!'

How about having some cosmetic surgery on your cheek by adding a breast implant to it that may take up the slack.
    Sorry, feeling impish today.
    Martin

theoretically its 7mm difference
    buy some chewing tobacco, should make all the difference although you may have to deal with the side effect of mouth cancer at a later date

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    has anyone here tried an 8x56 on a cz527 .223? just curious if the stock lacks cheek weld to support the higher line of sight compared to a 6x42 in low mounts. and I REALLY don't want to add any 'cheek weld products/pillows, etc.!'
    I reckon that you should be able to fit an S&B 8x56 okay in the standard (medium) mounts. For the CZ the mounts come only in medium or high. Even the medium mounts which I've got are high. I reckon that a 62mm (outside diameter) objective will still clear the barrel, which tapers abruptly beyond the receiver ring. My 'scope has a 44mm objective lens (51mm o/s diameter) and there's a good 9mm-plus gap between bell and barrel (so plenty of clearance) in that dimension.

The problem with the CZ action is the rather clunky angular-elbowed bolt handle which fouls some 'scopes with large diameter oculars/ or variable power selector rings. This isn't a problem with a fixed-power S&B and the ocular diameter is only 40mm. The CZ bolt handle 'elbow'clears this with room to spare. If you're using CZ or Millet mounts you won't need the high version - so the medium mounts will do, and the 'cheek weld' will stay the same.

I have to say that the 'weld' isn't as close as it should be in the CZ's - even in the 'American' which has the highest comb of all the sporter models. ATB.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    I reckon that you should be able to fit an S&B 8x56 okay in the standard (medium) mounts. For the CZ the mounts come only in medium or high. Even the medium mounts which I've got are high. I reckon that a 62mm (outside diameter) objective will still clear the barrel, which tapers abruptly beyond the receiver ring. My 'scope has a 44mm objective lens (51mm o/s diameter) and there's a good 9mm-plus gap between bell and barrel (so plenty of clearance) in that dimension.

The problem with the CZ action is the rather clunky angular-elbowed bolt handle which fouls some 'scopes with large diameter oculars/ or variable power selector rings. This isn't a problem with a fixed-power S&B and the ocular diameter is only 40mm. The CZ bolt handle 'elbow'clears this with room to spare. If you're using CZ or Millet mounts you won't need the high version - so the medium mounts will do, and the 'cheek weld' will stay the same.

I have to say that the 'weld' isn't as close as it should be in the CZ's - even in the 'American' which has the highest comb of all the sporter models. ATB.
    excellent reply. thank you