Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sako 85 S/S .270

Sako 85 S/S .270

Dearest all,

Up for grabs here is said Sako 85 in .270Win.

It was bought as the seemingly perfect all rounder, sitting almost exactly betwixt the .243 Win and .308 Win.

It has been a superb rifle for me in the past, and still is a superb rifle now.

It is of the stainless synthetic variety but a few years ago i had it coated in some stuff called Black Shadow, because being ex services i could not abide carrying around a shiny silver rifle!
    More than happy with the practical benefits of it though!

Included in this sale will be:

the rifle, complete with 1x 5 round magazine, T8 sound moderator (also coated in Black Shadow), and the corresponding Sako Optilok rings and bases. The rings are for a 1 inch tube scope, and both rings and bases are coated in Black Shadow.
    NOT included is the scope, sling, bi pod, butt pouch and Bolt ball, these will all go on the next rifle.

Here's a few snaps of the rifle in the field:

Now I'm not going to pretend that the rifle is immaculate, this has been a Working rifle from day 1, she's been out in all weathers and acquitted herself beautifully. Where the T8 screws on some of the Black Shadow has been worn off to expose the stainless underneath, and the stock looks tatty from the days when i used to try and spray the rifle black myself! None of this in any way affects how the rifle shoots.

In the very small amount of range work I've done with her she held 1 MOA groups at 600 yards (6 inch groups to those who know not of what i speak).

I'm not a religious man, but i do religiously make sure that i clean my rifles after each trip and after Any firing has taken place. And as a matter of course i changed the extractor claw and spring for new ones a year ago.

You might ask, Why sell it if it's so good?

Well, it's no secret that a certain big Green thing has been my weapon of choice since i took delivery earlier in the year:

This puts me in the position of having 2 larger deer calibres. So I'm now taking steps to sell the .270 to turn it into a Sako 85 or 75 Varmint .243 next year when i renew my FAC.

It'll be much more versatile for me, being able to cull deer in parks with fast and light bullets and also be useable for Fox control on the grounds i shoot over. Sussex plod have stated in no uncertain terms that i cannot shoot Foxes at night under lamplight with either of my two big rifles, but i can shoot them during daylight hours "Whilst stalking", which is as much use generally speaking as tits on a tank.

The Sako is for sale at 900.01 If pushed i May consider dropping the 1p, but if i do the kids won't eat

Once i receive cleared funds via Bank Transfer i shall hand the rifle to my friendly local RFD who will transport it to Your RFD. It is up to any potential buyer to ensure they have the necessary slot for the .270 Win on their FAC before the transaction takes place. I'm not having it back if you haven't sorted your variation out. The RFD at your end will not give you the rifle if your paperwork is wrong, so you could end up paying him/her rent to store your rifle while you wait for plod to do your variation! I only say that for any novices who may be reading the thread.

Happy to answer any questions via PM or even on the thread so that all can see the answers to questions that have already been asked. I don't want this SALE thread to turn into a sh@t fight about why Sussex plod don't let people use "Large" calibres for foxing, so please only comment if you're actually asking about the rifle

Fank you, g'night, much love!

Advertised elsewhere so i may withdraw the rifle from sale at will.
    Last edited by digger9523; 18-09-2012 at 21:45.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

All these looks and no sniffs?
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

I'm interested but I'm out of by the black shadow, is there any way of removing it?
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
    I'm interested but I'm out of by the black shadow, is there any way of removing it?
    Tom
    Thanks for your interest Tom,
    the only way that coating can come off is by sand blasting mate. I can arrange that, but it'll cost money and time to get it done. If you want it done, I'd get you a quote for the job, but I won't actually get it done until the rifle is paid for. I don't fancy forking out on it only then for you or anybody else to decide they don't want it after all. I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from. One thing though, if the T8 is blasted to get the coating off you'd also lose the original parkerised finish, so I'd advise it's left as is ;-)

All the best,
    Nick

Over 660 views and only one inquiry?

Nearly 900 views and still here

Still here

Ok, you've twisted my arm, I've dropped the penny, 900 my final offer. Rifle is in East Sussex.
    Last edited by digger9523; 17-06-2013 at 19:29.

Wha'da'ya know! She may be sold!

Wha'da'ya know! It Ain't sold!