Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunshops edinburgh

Gunshops edinburgh

I am across in Edinburgh for a couple Of days and would like to checkout a couple of local gunshops. More just to kill time than looking for anything in particular

Any reccomendations appreciated

Thanks keith

only barbour / dickson mcnaughton. if you fish visit gamefish. if you've got a car there's a few other places but in honesty, edinburgh is about the worst big city for gunshops in the uk!

keith if youve got the car go to bushwear in stirling
    atb tom

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    only barbour / dickson mcnaughton. if you fish visit gamefish. if you've got a car there's a few other places but in honesty, edinburgh is about the worst big city for gunshops in the uk!
    + 1. Unless you're after a 20K bespoke shotgun, Dickson's isn't a 'browsing' type shop.

Bushwear in Stirling or Perth. Borders Gunroom in Newton St Boswells, but neither really worth the drive unless you're going past there anyway.

Bit of a mystery why Edinburgh is so bad, given the popularity of field sports in the immediate vicinity!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    So true! Edinburgh's virtually a shooter's desert these days apart from a few clothes shops and the odd cartridge vendor. It's a far cry from the days when a proof house in or near the city was considered as a feasibility. Very sad state of affairs now.

I think we have a mutual acquaintance who would like to do something about this situation. Alas, he's not there yet. Maybe we should all talk

A good gunshop in Edinburgh would get my money, I have to go the Carlisle or wait until I travel south to visit family.

ATB

Tahr

Dicksons is fine, There are always a few cheaper guns in for a look, and they sometimes have the odd secondhand scope etc.
    Yes they will sell you an 80k shotgun, but they also have a few in the hundreds.

They have a nice BSA cf2 in 222 in at the minute should be cheap enough, cause I sold em it ,,eh Peter ? lol

They have a biggish stock of cheap 243`s in as well. Biggish for them anyway.

I like em, I find them helpful and I like a look around the clothing shop as well.

Country life at Balgreen road might be of interest as well,

Other that that, nothing in Edinburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    So true! Edinburgh's virtually a shooter's desert these days apart from a few clothes shops and the odd cartridge vendor. It's a far cry from the days when a proof house in or near the city was considered as a feasibility. Very sad state of affairs now.

I think we have a mutual acquaintance who would like to do something about this situation. Alas, he's not there yet. Maybe we should all talk

god knows I am trying!

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    Dicksons is fine, There are always a few cheaper guns in for a look, and they sometimes have the odd secondhand scope etc.
    Yes they will sell you an 80k shotgun, but they also have a few in the hundreds.

They have a nice BSA cf2 in 222 in at the minute should be cheap enough, cause I sold em it ,,eh Peter ? lol

They have a biggish stock of cheap 243`s in as well. Biggish for them anyway.

I like em, I find them helpful and I like a look around the clothing shop as well.

Country life at Balgreen road might be of interest as well,

Other that that, nothing in Edinburgh.
    seems like everyone is making money on that .222, the seller I got it from, me, you, and next dicksons! LOL...so what started out as a cheap rifle will probably end up selling at 400-500! brilliant!

Being away from Edinburgh for a lot of years, is Simpson at East Preston Street still there, also the gunshop that was at Abbeyhill???

Regards

DavieH