Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Gunshops edinburgh

  1. #1

    Gunshops edinburgh

    I am across in Edinburgh for a couple Of days and would like to checkout a couple of local gunshops. More just to kill time than looking for anything in particular

    Any reccomendations appreciated

    Thanks keith

  2. #2
    only barbour / dickson mcnaughton. if you fish visit gamefish. if you've got a car there's a few other places but in honesty, edinburgh is about the worst big city for gunshops in the uk!

  3. #3
    keith if youve got the car go to bushwear in stirling
    atb tom

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    only barbour / dickson mcnaughton. if you fish visit gamefish. if you've got a car there's a few other places but in honesty, edinburgh is about the worst big city for gunshops in the uk!
    + 1. Unless you're after a 20K bespoke shotgun, Dickson's isn't a 'browsing' type shop.

    Bushwear in Stirling or Perth. Borders Gunroom in Newton St Boswells, but neither really worth the drive unless you're going past there anyway.

    Bit of a mystery why Edinburgh is so bad, given the popularity of field sports in the immediate vicinity!

  5. #5
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bonnie Scotland
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    only barbour / dickson mcnaughton. if you fish visit gamefish. if you've got a car there's a few other places but in honesty, edinburgh is about the worst big city for gunshops in the uk!
    So true! Edinburgh's virtually a shooter's desert these days apart from a few clothes shops and the odd cartridge vendor. It's a far cry from the days when a proof house in or near the city was considered as a feasibility. Very sad state of affairs now.

    I think we have a mutual acquaintance who would like to do something about this situation. Alas, he's not there yet. Maybe we should all talk

  6. #6
    A good gunshop in Edinburgh would get my money, I have to go the Carlisle or wait until I travel south to visit family.

    ATB

    Tahr

  7. #7
    Dicksons is fine, There are always a few cheaper guns in for a look, and they sometimes have the odd secondhand scope etc.
    Yes they will sell you an 80k shotgun, but they also have a few in the hundreds.

    They have a nice BSA cf2 in 222 in at the minute should be cheap enough, cause I sold em it ,,eh Peter ? lol

    They have a biggish stock of cheap 243`s in as well. Biggish for them anyway.

    I like em, I find them helpful and I like a look around the clothing shop as well.

    Country life at Balgreen road might be of interest as well,

    Other that that, nothing in Edinburgh.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    So true! Edinburgh's virtually a shooter's desert these days apart from a few clothes shops and the odd cartridge vendor. It's a far cry from the days when a proof house in or near the city was considered as a feasibility. Very sad state of affairs now.

    I think we have a mutual acquaintance who would like to do something about this situation. Alas, he's not there yet. Maybe we should all talk

    god knows I am trying!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    Dicksons is fine, There are always a few cheaper guns in for a look, and they sometimes have the odd secondhand scope etc.
    Yes they will sell you an 80k shotgun, but they also have a few in the hundreds.

    They have a nice BSA cf2 in 222 in at the minute should be cheap enough, cause I sold em it ,,eh Peter ? lol

    They have a biggish stock of cheap 243`s in as well. Biggish for them anyway.

    I like em, I find them helpful and I like a look around the clothing shop as well.

    Country life at Balgreen road might be of interest as well,

    Other that that, nothing in Edinburgh.
    seems like everyone is making money on that .222, the seller I got it from, me, you, and next dicksons! LOL...so what started out as a cheap rifle will probably end up selling at 400-500! brilliant!

  10. #10
    Being away from Edinburgh for a lot of years, is Simpson at East Preston Street still there, also the gunshop that was at Abbeyhill???

    Regards

    DavieH

Similar Threads

  1. Gunshops and service
    By private fraser in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 08:45
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 18:57
  3. Gunshops Basingstoke
    By Richard577 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-04-2010, 00:38
  4. Pigging unreliable gunshops
    By BwchDanas in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 11:15
  5. Large Gunshops
    By pw7x57 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22-07-2009, 10:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •