Thread: Plain case for a short rifle

Plain case for a short rifle

Hello everyone.

Iím still waiting for my FAC, or indeed for the Met to even cash the cheque that accompanied the application, which probably first entails opening the envelope, but I went down to the Holtís auction preview yesterday evening to once again reconfirm that my choice of rifle is the right one. Or in other words window shopping to try and make up for the fact that I canít buy the rifle I want yet (brings back memories of looking into a toyshop every so often whilst still in the process of saving up my pocket money). Anyway, in the meantime, I was thinking that Iíd like a case for it thatís as compact as possible and as plain and discrete as possible. Itís only a short rifle, with an overall length of 1m10. That requires a case thatís longer than a shotgun case, but shorter than most standard rifle ones. Does anyone know of any rifle cases that would fit a shortish rifle as closely as possible?

I'm having that trouble as well, but my "short" rifle is only 27 1/2 inches long.

Neil.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Hello everyone.

I’m still waiting for my FAC, or indeed for the Met to even cash the cheque that accompanied the application, which probably first entails opening the envelope, but I went down to the Holt’s auction preview yesterday evening to once again reconfirm that my choice of rifle is the right one. Or in other words window shopping to try and make up for the fact that I can’t buy the rifle I want yet (brings back memories of looking into a toyshop every so often whilst still in the process of saving up my pocket money). Anyway, in the meantime, I was thinking that I’d like a case for it that’s as compact as possible and as plain and discrete as possible. It’s only a short rifle, with an overall length of 1m10. That requires a case that’s longer than a shotgun case, but shorter than most standard rifle ones. Does anyone know of any rifle cases that would fit a shortish rifle as closely as possible?
    Gosh L... I hope you sent the application in "special delivery" or "recorded signed for" or whatever they're calling it this week. I never thought to advise this when we spoke.... sorry.

Any-which-way give them an email nudge asking them to confirm receipt, by return email... resist the urge to phone though You may find this moves things along quite promptly.

As for the case, sorry, can't really helpbut you might try http://www.jitpak.com/storm-case-320...10250-84-p.asp if not too pricey.

Pine marten
    http://www.eisele-koffer.com/index.p...dnb2kfgutpm942
    I have one from this maker. He will make any size to order with any options added, mine has a sunken recess with a crossbar and a chain link in it so that I can lock it with a chain/cable to a hard object like a hotel radiator or car rear seat hinge to make theft slower.
    He always exhibits at the Dortmund Germany wild & hund show at end of Jan 2013 is the next one (indoors and has 7x halls so will not be rained off) so if you order one you can pick it up there.
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    Gosh L... I hope you sent the application in "special delivery" or "recorded signed for" or whatever they're calling it this week. I never thought to advise this when we spoke.... sorry.
    Of course I did, as I do with all important stuff. I checked online and it was delivered to them. They just haven't done anything with it yet. I'll email them later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    Pine marten
    http://www.eisele-koffer.com/index.p...dnb2kfgutpm942
    I have one from this maker. He will make any size to order with any options added, mine has a sunken recess with a crossbar and a chain link in it so that I can lock it with a chain/cable to a hard object like a hotel radiator or car rear seat hinge to make theft slower.
    He always exhibits at the Dortmund Germany wild & hund show at end of Jan 2013 is the next one (indoors and has 7x halls so will not be rained off) so if you order one you can pick it up there.
    Martin
    Die Qualitaet sieht sehr gut aus, aber diesen Koffern sind nicht billig! Dortmund is auch ein Bischen weit um ein Koffer zu holen. Aber vielen Dank fuer die Empfehlung.

I've had a bit of a look around and 1m30 seems to be a pretty standard kind of length, but I can't believe you can't buy a shorter one. The one I currently have was originally for a target rifle and is almost as tall as my wife, which is ridiculous.

I use this one: Deluxe Gun Bag Black 2 Strap Rifle Carry Case Gun Slip - Padded | eBay

but there are even shorter one's about: uk delivery 85cm tactical hunting padded carry case air rifle gun slip bag black | eBay

Fine cases IMO - enough padding to stop all but the worst dink as long as you put it somewhere sensible in your car when transporting it. There are hard cases on ebay for about £50 though if you're wanting that kind of thing

Damn good deutsche there, herr pine marten, better than mine.
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    I use this one: Deluxe Gun Bag Black 2 Strap Rifle Carry Case Gun Slip - Padded | eBay

but there are even shorter one's about: uk delivery 85cm tactical hunting padded carry case air rifle gun slip bag black | eBay

Fine cases IMO - enough padding to stop all but the worst dink as long as you put it somewhere sensible in your car when transporting it. There are hard cases on ebay for about £50 though if you're wanting that kind of thing
    Thanks, that looks pretty good, and importantly for a London-based stalker, doesn't look much like a rifle case. It could contain any number of things. A couple of sew-on rock band patches, a Quicksilver one and a London 2012 one and no-one will ever guess!