Thread: Skyhawk Pro 8x42 or Minox BL 8x42 BR

Skyhawk Pro 8x42 or Minox BL 8x42 BR

As per the title guys, cannot make up my mind on which. Checked both out at the Midland and both appeared to perform the same but I did like the fact that you push your eyes into the cups with the Skyhawks thus enhancing your forward vision. The spec on both appears both the same, Minox have a longer guarantee and the Steiner are a little heavier but benefit from rubber armouring and better temperature range.

Thanks for any advice,
    John.

never tried the skyhawks but own a pair of the minox and rate them very highly. they have good clarity, are bomb solid, and waterproof. they will not last a lifetime, but I don't think they will fail you on two important aspects:
    1. waterproofing
    2. clarity

those in any value bino's are the key components imho

Minox everytime. Own a pair myself. Cracking binos. Also after care service is great, someone i know had a broken eye peice, the rubber coating had come away. Sent bck to minox, withing 2 weeks new set sent back a new pair no questions asked. And i was the new model updated model that was sent back. Only payment that had to be made was the postage of 5. Customer service at its greatest!

Do I take it that we have no Steiner fans then?

John.

Quote Originally Posted by vizslamad View Post
    Do I take it that we have no Steiner fans then?

John.
    I'm very pleased with my 8x42 Ranger Pro's but I've no experience of the Skyhawk.

Jim

SD Regular
    Without sitting on the fence - you'll be fine with either pair. You've done the practical, intellectual test and said they can't be split - so I would now go with the emotional choice and then you will be totally happy with them.

HTH

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Vislamad,
    I had a pair of Steiner 7x50s which were good but did not have the hunter coating on the lenses but still were very clear. I also still have a pair of 8x30 German military surplus binos which sit in the house in the UK for my pigeon shooting, they are very clear and light weight but a little bulky. Then also a Steiner spotting scope 24x80 with straight eyepiece as they only make them that way, it is very clear and I am very happy with it, Steiner serviced it for free a few years ago "when I was chatting to them on their stand at IWA they said send it in to us and we will check it for you".
    I also have 2x new Steiner scopes (not the latest ones now being offered) fitted on 2 of my rifles so I am generally happy with their products.
    I am unfortunatly an optic nerd on the side.
    Martin

Niether

Get the Opticron DBA`s Far superior

Quote Originally Posted by jimo View Post
    I'm very pleased with my 8x42 Ranger Pro's but I've no experience of the Skyhawk.

Jim
    Hi Jim,
    As you have a pair perhaps you can answer this for me. according to the spec the strap is attached by a click lock system, so how do I use my bino caddy which is the normal pop it through the hole configeration. Also a question for all members on binos is I can afford the Ranger Pro but only if I buy the 8x32, will these do and am I going to lose much overall view by opting for this.
    Many thanks for your replies.
    John.

Minox is the way to go, i can't fault them, superb glass.
    Cheers
    Richard